Copter-4.5.2-beta1 available for beta testing!

Copter-4.5.2-beta1 has been released for beta testing and can be installed using MP or QGC’s beta firmwares feature or the .apj file can be directly downloaded from firmware.ardupilot.org.

The changes vs 4.5.1 are in the ReleaseNotes and copied below

1. Board specific enhancements and bug fixes
  • FoxeerF405v2 support
  • iFlight BLITZ Mini F745 support
  • Pixhawk5X, Pixhawk6C, Pixhawk6X, Durandal power peripherals immediately at startup
  1. System level minor enhancements and bug fixes
  • Camera lens (e.g. RGB, IR) can be selected from GCS or during missions using set-camera-source
  • Crashdump pre-arm check added
  • Gimbal gets improved yaw lock reporting to GCS
  • Gimbal default mode fixed (MNTx_DEFLT_MODE was being overriden by RC input)
  • RM3100 compass SPI bus speed reduced to 1Mhz
  • SBUS output fix for channels 1 to 8 also applying to 9 to 16
  • ViewPro gimbal supports enable/disable rangefinder from RC aux switch
  • Visual Odometry delay fixed (was always using 1ms delay, see VISO_DELAY_MS)
  • fixed serial passthrough to avoid data loss at high data rates
  1. AHRS / EKF fixes
  • Compass learning disabled when using GPS-for-yaw
  • GSF reset minimum speed reduced to 1m/s (except Plane which remains 5m/s)
  • MicroStrain7 External AHRS position quantization bug fix
  • MicroStrain7 init failure warning added
  • MicroStrain5 and 7 position and velocity variance reporting fix
  1. Copter specific changes
  • Auto mode condition yaw fix to avoid pointing at out-of-date target
  • Guided mode angle control yaw target initialisation fix (was always turning North)
  1. Other minor enhancements and bug fixes
  • DDS_UDP_PORT parameter renamed (was DDS_PORT)
  • Harmonic Notch bitmask parameter conversion fix (see INS_HNTCH_HMNCS)

Many of these fixes are in response to user reports so we very much appreciate those who test the betas and report back. Thanks!

3 Likes

So I can set Servo or Serial as SBUS Out, and tfansfer all 16 channels to other device?
F.e. Siyi A8 camera can’t work with Speedybee F405v3 in paralell- it’s necessary send Sbus to camera, then camera Sbus out connect to FC.
But I don’t like this idea…

Hi @poruchik111,

Yes, that’s right. All the autopilot’s PWM outputs can also be sent over SBus.

The method is somewhat described on this wiki page but in any case, set BRD_SBUS_OUT = 1 and reboot and then, assuming the autopilot has an “SB” or “SBou” pin then all the autopilot’s PWM outputs will also appear on SBus.

This feature is not new for 4.5 actually but the upper channels (9 to 16) were broken in 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 but now this is fixed in 4.5.2.

1 Like

Good. I need implement it in my 4.4.4 as it’s best version for me and only working in my hw config.

1 Like

By the way.
Each time forgot to say- there is an bug in Events.cpp/ Dead Reconig void.
str. 347-350 should be at str. 317- 320.
Otherwice message "Dead Reconig Start/stop/timeout even if DR disabled.

1 Like

i experienced broken sbus chans above 8 with 4.5.1 just yesterday. I connected a frsky SD1 (sbus to pwm single chan decoder) configured to output chan 11, connected to cube SBout and servo stayed on an end point rather than moving (i configured it as rcpassthrough)

Hi @Steve79,

Yes SBUS output is partially broken in 4.5.1. Hopefully you’ll find that it’s fixed with this latest version.

I upgraded a fairly tightly tuned copter from 4.4.4 to 4.5.2-beta1 and it is completely unflyable - very severe control issues. I have other copters flying 4.5.2-beta1 successfully so I am not sure what the cause is here.

1 Like

Sometimes after SW changing I have problem with config- some data loosed itself after switch off/on but before first reboot all was ok.
Sometimes it can be PID’s, sometime all…
I have no confirmed logic but I know it’s better to save config, upgrade, reboot, compare params

False alarm. This was down to the specifics of a bad parameter upgrade for my quad because of the extra changes I was running with on 4.4. This will not affect anyone doing a vanilla upgrade from 4.4 to 4.5.

2 Likes

What I say above.
So. How about Mavlink conflict between Optical Flow and 4.5.x version?
By the way- you not listed that in 4.5.x you changed Land detector from land accel to land speed.
It’s really important f.e. when you land carefuul or set to low land speed ( about 50 cm/s)
you can’t disarm in Loiter and copter turn back and broke propellars because landing Acc < 1G
So I’ll add this feauture to my 4.4.4 and test it separately. It’s good opinion.