Copter-4.5.0-beta2 available for beta testing!

Copter-4.5.0-beta2 has been released for beta testing and can be installed using Mission Planner or QGC’s beta firmwares link.

The changes vs -beta1 are in the ReleaseNotes and copied below:

1. New Autopilots supported
  • YJUAV_A6Ultra
  • AnyLeaf H7
  1. System level changes
  • fixed float rounding issue in HAL_Linux millis and micros functions
  • fixed loading of defaults.parm parameters for dynamic parameter subtrees
  • fixed discrimination between GHST and CRSF protocols
  • fixed bug in DroneCAN packet parsing for corrupt packets that could cause a crash
  • fixed handling of network sockets in scripting when used after close
  • fixed bit timing of CANFD buses
  1. Copter specific changes
  • added filter to EKF variances for EKF failsafe
  1. Camera and gimbal enhancements
  • wait for non-zero camera version in SIYI driver
  1. Miscellaneous
  • do relay parameter conversion for parachute parameters if ever has been used
  • broaden acceptance criteria for GPS yaw measurement for moving baseline yaw

Thanks very much for the feedback so far!

4 Likes

Hello with 4.4.4 I experience strange compass issues with pixhawk6x, compass detected but randomly « stoping » after few seconds….

I see a post on discuss about that and many people has the same issue.

I saw that you marked i2c dma issue corrected on H7 and F7 boards with the next 4.5.x do we need to wait official release to adress this bug ?

Or can you release asap 4.4.x to adress this bug and permit all the users to go forward now and don’t wait months? What you advice ?

@kuspower do you have a log showing this? what exact model is the compass? Is it part of a GPS?

a photo of the setup would be good

Hi guys.
Board Speedy Bee F4 V3 (Copter without Compass and GPS)

• compiled build from 4.6.0 Dev No present mode Guided Non GPS and Sport.

I try to switch them by Flt Mod swith and have “No such mode 20, No such mode 13”

• Stable 4.4.4 downloaded : Guided Non GPS present, but Sport “No such mode 13”
  • Stable 4.4.3 downloaded: all modes present and swithched on at same config params.

PS : MatekF405-TE : Assembled builds from Git Branch

• 4.6.0. No Sport, No Guided_Non_GPS
  • 4.5.0. No Sport
  • 4.4.4. to 4.4.0. downloaded from firmware server - No Sport

@shiv-tyagi @peterbarker,

I guess that you two are probably the most knowledgeable about the custom build server and turning features on/off. Maybe you could answer this one?

@poruchik111,

If you’re building yourself then you should be able to make Sport and Guided_NoGPS appear in the firmware by adding these lines to APM_Config.h

#define MODE_SPORT_ENABLED ENABLED
#define MODE_GUIDED_NOGPS_ENABLED ENABLED

By the way, Sport mode is very rarely used in the community which is why it is disabled by default. Most users just stick with AltHold mode instead of using Sport.

APM_Config.h is ok. there all Enable/ Disable commited by //

I was looked it. And config.h to. But my eyes was tired possibly. So I lost that one:
#ifndef MODE_SPORT_ENABLED

define MODE_SPORT_ENABLED DISABLED

#endif

With Sport mode ok, no problem.

But I see no difference in 4.4.4. were Guided non gps work and 4.5.0. were mode epsent.

4.4.4. :

#ifndef MODE_GUIDED_NOGPS_ENABLED

define MODE_GUIDED_NOGPS_ENABLED !HAL_MINIMIZE_FEATURES

#endif

4.5.0. / 4.6.0 Dev :

#ifndef MODE_GUIDED_NOGPS_ENABLED

define MODE_GUIDED_NOGPS_ENABLED ENABLED

#endif

So I dissapointed some. Were in fact Guided non gps disabled?
P.S. question is closed as I use 4.4.4. as base for my SW mod, but I wuld like to better unerstand AP
Thanks

Some testing with beta 2. Mostly auto-stuff so no fun :joy:. But everything works as a Swiss clock.

5 Likes

Very nice! ----------

1 Like

Nice video and thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi @kuspower,

We haven’t heard anything back from you or the other two who reported issues with the Pixhawk6c compass so I’ve closed the issue for now at least. If we do get some more information from any of you then I’m very happy to re-open.

I posted in another thread as well…in this 4.5.0 beta2 release should the net_enabled parameter be available/visible by default on a pixhawk 5x? I installed the beta firmware as I wanted to try the Ethernet configuration but am not seeing that param in the params list in mission planner. Or do I have to do something special to get that param to show up? Thanks for any help and guidance!

Hi @Tim_Archer,

Thanks for the report. The issue appears to be that the hardware definition for the Pixhawk5X has commented out definitions for the Ethernet interface.

@tridge @bugobliterator, do you think it is sufficient to just remove the hashes? My guess is this is not sufficient because I hit these compile issues

[37/112] ChibiOS: Compiling hal_wdg_lld.c

…/…/modules/ChibiOS/os/hal/ports/STM32/LLD/MACv1/hal_mac_lld.c: In function ‘mac_lld_init’:
…/…/modules/ChibiOS/os/hal/ports/STM32/LLD/MACv1/hal_mac_lld.c:274:7: error: invalid use of void expression
274 | if (!mii_find_phy(&ETHD1)) {
| ^
make: *** […/…/libraries/AP_HAL_ChibiOS/hwdef/common/chibios_common.mk:243: modules/ChibiOS/obj/hal_mac_lld.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

Hi @Tim_Archer,

This came up on this morning’s developer call and unfortunately networking has only been enabled on the H7 boards. The Pixhawk5x is an F7 and while networking may run there are concerns that these boards do not have the processing power.

I’ve created an issue here to enable Networking on the F7 boards but we can’t immediately promise if/when it will be done.

Thank you so much for looking into it. This might be the excuse I need to upgrade to a 6x then. Thanks for all the great stuff the team is doing on this project!!

2 Likes