Copter-4.3.3 released!

I upload this version to the drone. I fly drone in Auto mission but it won’t disarm after landing. I switch to PosHold mode for disarm but it still won’t disarm.

Hi @Morty_Said,

It’s hard to say what the issue is without a log but there haven’t been changes to the landing detection in 4.3 (vs 4.2).

Is the vehicle is being armed from a transmitter auxiliary switch? If “yes” then it might be related to the arming switch changes although I don’t believe those should affect Auto mode. If it is being armed from the ground station or the transmitter sticks then this isn’t the problem.

A more likely cause is a change in the environment or perhaps a faulty lidar reporting an altitude above 2m.

By the way, PosHold mode still attempts to hold horizontal position so it might be better to try AltHold to see if that makes landing detection work more reliably. Sometimes the landing detection fails in autonomous and semi-autonomous modes if the position estimate (e.g. GPS reported position) shifts just before the vehicle lands. This can lead to a situation where the navigation and attitude controllers are attempting to lean the vehicle but it cannot lean because it is already on the ground. This “fight” interferes with the landing detector.

Good day! Problem with ELRS “Late Frame Detected”. setting options:
RC_OPTIONS - 8704 (RC_OPTIONS “Suppress CRSF mode/rate message for ELRS systems” and "use 420kbaud for ELRS protocol " .
SERIALx_PROTOCOL = 23 (RCIN)
SERIALx_BAUDRATE = 115
RSSI_TYPE = 3 (ReceiverProtocol)
rc _PROTOCOL = 1 (tried 512 CRSF)

Can you post a log? What is giving the error?

What are you ELRS versions, config and what RX?

RX - Jamper AION_RX24_MINI (2.4, firmware 3.1.2)
TX - Jamper AION NANO (2.4, firmware 3.1.2)
log - 2023-01-31 16-13-04.zip — Яндекс.Диск

My guess is this is not the baudrate issue but because you are running on an F405 with very high CRSF update rate. The F405 will not cope with very fast frame rates. Try lowering the frame rate if you can.

Everything worked, I set the frequency to 250 and it works fine. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I’m not sure where to ask my question, so I’m asking it here.
I`m a developer for ThePeach company.
Two months ago, I submitted the hwdef for ThePeach FC as a PR and it was merged into the master branch.
Can ThePeach FCC-k1 and FCC-R1 be included in the 4.3.4 release?

They are in the hwdef files now and I was able to run a build with the custom firmware builder

and it’s in “latest” but not beta yet
https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/latest/

Hello, I have my copter with PX4 FC and Minim OSD to Telemetry 1 upgedatet from 4.1.5 to 4.3.3 after that I have no more display of telemetry data , what is the reason ?

There was a decision to make Mavlink2 the default protocol instead of Mavlink1.
All you have to do is change SERIAL1_PROTOCOL,2 back to SERIAL2_PROTOCOL,1

2 Likes

Thanks , that works great

1 Like

Hello, have my copter with PX4 FC and Minim OSD to Telemetry 1 , should be changed to TBS Crossfire nano from current FRSky to SMBus, now I read you can connect the nano to Telemetry 1 , but that is used by the OSD, can I also use Telemetry 2 for the nano ? or do I have to move the OSD to Telemetry 2 ?

Will work on any port on H7 and a port with DMA on F7 and F4

1 Like

@andyp1per
Still have a lot of RC Fail Safe, with parameter as described.
ELRS 3.1.0 and tested with D500 and D250.

log

after switch poshold hold,loiter,land mode quadcopter climbing high
compass/motor calibration Done interference 30
frame 450 fc pixhawk 1 gps m8n
error
ekf variance
vibration compensation on/off
gps glitch or compass error

mission planner screen recorder and bin file attach
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sy6TCHgjc63EE0EwYFB64iSFTrc4l5ub/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvwrHUTgTzsKM0FKyy4SCajnriYH5nwZ/view?usp=sharing

I don’t think this belongs in the 4.3.3 release thread. This craft is a mess of EKF unhappiness. High vibes with some clipping, velocity and position EKF errors, multiple triggered Vibration Compensation. Tuning is terrible, but no surprise with the PID’s you have. Back to basics.

4 Likes

you say all start new again and re tune ?

You have double-posted across different threads. Just start your own discussion for your fault-finding and tuning.
I already replied earlier to your other post.

2 Likes

anyone has used 4.3.3 with Hereflow V4 for indoor Loiter flight mode?

I experience that 4.3.3 does not allow the pilot to move the UA when switched to Loiter flight mode. I have 90 (EKF Pos Source) low is GPS, the middle is OpticalFlow, high is unused set up.

It is like 4.3.3 wanting to “glue” the drone to the spot and not letting the pilot fly and fighting with the pilot. It starts to oscillate. Did anything get to do with SURFTRAK_MODE? SURFTRAK_MODE is set to zero to solve the high oscillation issue.

Prior to this flight, redo autotune successfully.
flight log
CubeOrange.

[Update]
It seems to have to do with these Loiter values I had set.
It could be Hereflow 42° FOV “see” part of the landing gear (investigating)
LOIT_ACC_MAX,500
LOIT_ANG_MAX,0
LOIT_BRK_ACCEL,250
LOIT_BRK_DELAY,0.5
LOIT_BRK_JERK,700
LOIT_SPEED,50