Copter 4.2.1 Gyros not healthy / GPS 1 failing configuration checks

@cuav_le I contacted you on Friday with Skype. But you weren’t online. No big problem, we find another date. Next week I’m on the road again. Next possible date is July 8th

@xfacta I change the BRD_BOOT_DELAY to 5000 The problem still exists

@andyp1per I think it’s not better with DShot 600. I tested it 8 times. On 6 starts all motors spins, on the 2 starts only 3 of 4 motors spins. I would say that the success rate is approximately the same with DShot 150. Do you know that some firmware code from 4.1.5 to 4.2.1 could cause this issue? I never had those issues with 4.1.5 and before.

It’s worth trying SERVO_DSHOT_ESC=2 as that changes the bitwidth and might work better for your particular combination

1 Like

Thank for your suggestion, and sorry for the answer one year later… :nerd_face: During this flight season I remembered the issue and I tried SERVO_DSHOT_ESC=1. SERVO_DSHOT_ESC=2 wasn’t available in QGroundControl. So I decided to not write values manually. The problem also exists with setting the parameter to 1. Is it possible that changing the SERVO_DSHOT_ESC parameter to 1 doesn’t change much? Is it safe to change the parameter to 2 with arducopter 4.3.6 and see how it performs? Or do you have another recommendation for the motor start issue?

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Correct and its safe to change

Thanks, I will test it!

Hi, I finally test it. I also updated to 4.4.0. At two startups all motors spins. At the third startup one motor doesn’t spin… I doesn’t help… Is it possible that some blheli parameters could make this problems?

Those are my settings:

You are using BLHeli32 - please set SERVO_DSHOT_ESC = 1. Please also upgrade BLHeli32 to 32.9

Thanks, I will try it

I updated today to 32.9 and did some test flights. 13 startups and flights, no issues so far. I will do further tests.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get the blheli passthrough running… I read in other threads that not all esc flight controller combination work…

Passthrough is a little temperamental. There have been fixes in later release that will help you if you upgrade

Thanks, god to know. I will keep an eye on this topic.

Does this need to be performed per autopilot or can the calibration results of one autopilot be copied over to an identical autopilot? (I assume this is not the case but it would be much easier if transferable).

@cygnus think about this for a minute.
Each flight controller has a different physical chip, manufactured on a different date, under somehow different conditions.
No two analog chips are exactly the same. Ask any serious chip manufacturer.
That is why the datasheet provide min, max and typical characteristics.

So back to your question:
There are NO identical autopilots. They just do not exist! Accelerometers bias, temperature compensation, and other similar parameters are NOT transferable between two different flight controllers. You need to calibrate each one.

So build a .param file that excludes these parameters and that activates temperature compensation.

That way, you can load that file, and start calibration right away. Save time, and money. Each autopilot will have it’s own calibration, but all other parameters will be the same. This is the way this should work.

1 Like