Copter-4.2.0-beta3 released for beta testing!

Copter-4.2.0-beta3 has been released for beta testing and can be installed using the ground station’s (MP’s, QGC’s) beta firmware link or can be directly downloaded from firmware.ardupilot.org.

Changes vs -beta2 are in the ReleaseNotes and copied below.

1. Minor Enhancements
    a) BATT_OPTIONS supports sending resting voltage (corrected for internal resistance) to the ground station
    b) KakuteH7-bdshot support
    c) MatekH743 uses a 32 bit timer to resolve occasional 68ms timing glitch
    d) RC input protocol text message sent to GCS (helps pilot awareness during RC handover)
    e) Autotune code changes to reduce flash size (no functional impact)
  2. Bug fixes
    a) Battery remaining percentage fixed when using Sum battery
    b) DShot reversal bug with IOMCU based boards (see SERVO_BLH_RVMASK)
    c) GPS blending fix that could have resulted in the wrong GPS being used for a short time
    d) Param conversion bug (impacted airspeed enable)
    e) RC handover between IOMCU RC input and a secondary RC input on a serial port fixed
    f) Terrain reference adjustment ensures alt-above-terrain is zero at takeoff (see TERRAIN_OFS_MAX)
    g) QioTek Zealot H743 SLCAN port and relays fixed

Although we are only at -beta3, 4.2.0 is already looking quite stable and the next release will probably be a “release candidate”.

Any testing and feedback is greatly appreciated!

7 Likes

Hello everyone, it’s a pleasure to be back in this forum.

I have a Pixracer R-15 with a Hall Sens Power Module ACSP7 mRo power supply module, which I have used successfully for a long time with Arducopter-4.1 and earlier versions.

However, with versions of Arducopter-4.2.0 betas1, 2, and 3, the battery calibration is frequently lost, showing an erroneous voltage reading.

Hi @winstonsaz,

Thanks for testing and the report. Could you provide an onboard log file when the battery monitor is working and then another for when it is not working?

I actually suspect this is a ground station issue which is causes some of the BATTx parameter to be modified but we can confirm this if we have logs.

Txs again.

Hi, @Rmackay9

Greetings,

There I send you the two files, the first is before calibrating the battery and the second is with the calibrated battery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qxT1KSFa4jfNSJGYMy6xNh9afvCdUf1c/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qxT1KSFa4jfNSJGYMy6xNh9afvCdUf1c/view?usp=sharing

On another note, I’m noticing other issues (which I suspect are caused by Mission Planner) after doing the compass and accelerometer calibration, my drone experiences a fairly steep drift, usually to the right and forward, and increases accordingly of the flight time.

In another order, the status indicator led turns off when connected to the radio and does not show the color of the led.