Copter-4.1.0-rc4 released for beta testing!

Copter-4.1.0-rc4 has been released for beta testing and can be downloaded using the ground stations’ beta firmware links. The changes vs -rc3 are in the ReleaseNotes and copied below:

1. Position controller PSC/Z logging changed to PSCN/E/D and includes “desired”
  2. Bug Fixes
    a) Position Controller init fix (could cause unexpected movement after entering Guided)
    b) Serial8 parameter description fixed

The key fix is 2a which is a blocker for the 4.1.0 official release but hopefully we can confirm the fix works and then complete the beta testing.

Thanks again for everyone’s assistance with beta testing. Almost there!

-Randy

8 Likes

NTF_DISPLAY_TYPE parameter not available on 4.1.0 rc4.

Oled display doesn’t show any information. If I step back to 4.0.7, display is OK.
I did a string search for NTF and only got parameters for BUZZ and LED (attached picture)

I’m using a Kakute F7 controller.
4.1.0-beta6 mentions f) Display re-enabled on 1MB boards

Kakute F7 is MINIMIZE_FEATURES so many features missing - you will need to do a custom build using the custom build server

1 Like

Hello,
I have been trying the RC4 for a while and I notice that even after disarming the Logs dont stop recording data. In my case they only stop if I unplug the battery.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Bj1KD6Wr0p8PA13RusGKjiMtCeQGi8M/view?usp=sharing

The logging looks correct to me, and you have got LOG_DISARMED=0 so that’s all OK. While the battery remains connected you wont get a different log for each arm/disarm, but you will be able to see no values are actually logged between disarm and the next arm.
Also you are being warned of a yaw imbalance, and it is quite significant too. Check for motor mounts twisted or excessive frame flex.
Also you battery settings are not correct, connect to MissionPlanner and press Alt A and step through that intial parameters dialog.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out! Basically I wanted to stop the log on the disarm, I checked after your post and the parameter sems to be this one → LOG_FILE_DSRMROT=1
I am using Traditional Heli do I have to go through Alt+A setup?

Yes, that is the parameter that you need to change to get the behavior you want, one log file per flight

In the Alt A plug in just accept the battery-related parameters at the end before saving them. Deselect the ATC and INS values.
I was assuming a multirotor without checking the log properly :slight_smile: so maybe the yaw bias is still there but needs a different fix.

Hi @xfacta,

The yaw issue was lack of head speed, its solved already. Thank you for the hints! :slightly_smiling_face: