Copter-3.5-rc1 released for beta testing

I said you needed to change min and max.

That doesn’t look correct, you should get an error that max is too low.

Read, but understood only the half :wink:

Yes, got error message and afterwards it worked.

This GPS issue is a separate one. I’ve had it for a couple of weeks now, and MdB and I have been going backwards and forwards. We thought we’d wait for someone else to have the problem

Which they have.

Thanks!

I’ve created this issue to track: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/5721

I successfully uploaded copter-3.5 to my 3DR solo. However I am having an issue arming. The arm command seems to complete successfully, not displaying any errors, and I get the arming sound from the pixhawk. However the motors do not turn on.

Also, a separate issue - when I switch into guided_nogps mode, APM Planner shows the mode as “unnamed:20”.

Are these known issues? What can I do to fix these issues?

Thanks!

EDIT: Are these just issues with Solo that we are waiting on?

Why would you do that unless you have the green cube? I don’t think the stock cube in Solo can use arducopter master.

I wanted to use the guided_nogps mode in copter-3.5, so I was hoping I could just use arducopter master and not arducopter-solo.

Doesn’t work that way unless you get the green cube, which I don’t believe are actually in mass distribution just yet. And even then, I’m unclear as to whether the green cube will use Master or a branch of it specific to the green cube.

Doesn’t work that way unless you get the green cube, which I don’t believe
are actually in mass distribution just yet. And even then, I’m unclear as to
whether the green cube will use Master or a branch of it specific to the
green cube.

To my knowledge, this is incorrect.

The green cube is slightly electrically different to the cube normally
found in PixHawk. This is to provide greater compatability with the ESCs
found on a stock Solo - nothing more. And by “greater compatability” I
mean “less interesting flights”. And by “less interesting flights” I mean
not having your craft fall out of the sky.

The problems described with the vehicle making all the correct noises but
not spinning the motors are not explained by a difference in Cube to my
understanding.

Actually if you read the 3drpilots forum, you’ll find that it is correct. The problem is that Master has to be rebased for Solo. It hasn’t yet to my knowledge (which may be limited). However the Solo branch has a 1.5.3 version as current which was just released last month. The app isn’t pushing out updates right now because the Solo is now being marketed by 3DR as SiteScan (for $12,000 US)… You can manually update the firmware from the Solo branch however.

There already exists a separate thread about AC3.5 with Solo.
The merge of the Solo-specific portions into 3.5 master is yet to be done according to Randy. So I would not expect that RC1 is fully running on Solo yet.

Display module (ssd1306) works fine on pixhawk but doesn’t work on pixhawk2.1.
NFT_DISPLAY_TYPE .Problem solved.

I updated an original PixRacer with quad x frame from a working 3.4.5 to 3.5 rc1 yesterday and made two testflights today.

Relaxed compass calibration workes fine.
Stabilize, althold, poshold, drift and RTL works also.
But several attemps to change to AutoTune failed on pixracer.

Another problem on pixracer: The Wifi connection was immediately established, but the transfer of the parameters takes about more then one second per parameter while HUD ran normally fast.

Great: Because of the faster IMUs (8khz) I installed the controler almost undamped.
The vibration level was much better than with previous best damping.

Rolf

Had 4 flights today on two of those flight the flight controller appeared to lock up. The buzzer continues to sound, solid yellow light and mav data disappears from FPV screen. The only thing i could do was to remove power and reboot. After the reboot everything was fine.

Hardware specs? That helps for diagnosing issues.

Sorry should have known to include this

Pixhawk 2.1 running Copter 3.5 RC1
Here GPS
Minim OSD
4 Avizar Multicopter Motor MC3525-950KV V2
4 Avizar 40A Opto Brushless ESC Speed Controller
11 x 4.5 Props
4 Cell Lipo

@OXINARF i very much like the idea of changing the defaul rc min/max. I’m not sure abbout zero as the default because people can turn off the checks… but something else woild be good. Also we should fix the pre arm check message cuz its not clear its the RC that is the problem.

Rolf, txs for the feedback on oixracer! I will update the testing list. The failure to go into autotune is perhaps because the sticks arent centered?

THe problem on the Gimbal servo setup, where the servo’s will not reverse, when setting SERVO9_REVERSED to 0 or 1 not working. It worked OK in V3.4.5. needs to be looked at.

I though of zero because I think that even if you disable the checks it won’t do anything and will force the user to set the correct values. I’m not sure what other (safe) values we can use that won’t collide with a user min/max real values.

Yes, the issue is we now have detailed messages for RC problems and also a generic message. We need to remove the generic one: ardupilot/ArduCopter/AP_Arming.cpp at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

@rmackay9

The failure to go into autotune is perhaps because the sticks arent centered?

I have looked into the logfile: all sticks were centered. The exact values were very close to the RCn_TRIM/SERVOn_TRIM valus (± 11 maximal), except for the throttle value, Perhaps this is the reason for this issue:
RC1_TRIM,1497 SERVO1_TRIM,1497 , RCIN.C1 = 1500
RC2_TRIM,1494 SERVO2_TRIM,1494 , RCIN.C2 1495
RC3_TRIM,984 SERVO3_TRIM,984 , RCIN.C3 1510
RC4_TRIM,1508 SERVO4_TRIM,1508 , RCIN.C4 1497

I will try again after repeating the radio calibration

regards Rolf