Copter-3.5.4-rc1 has been released for beta testing so you should be able to download it through the Mission Planner (and perhaps other ground stations) from the Install Firmware screen after pressing the “Beta Firmwares” link.
The changes vs Copter-3.5.3 are in the ReleaseNotes.txt and also copied below:
- Compass improvements:
- support added for QMC5883L, LIS3MDL, IST8310
- COMPASS_TYPEMASK parameter allows enabling/disabling individual compass drivers
- LightWare and MaxBotix range finders supported on both I2C buses
- Serial port 5 can be used for telemetry or sensors (previously was only for NuttX console)
- px4pro flight controller supported
- TradHeli fixes:
- motor runup check applies to all flight modes (previously only loiter, poshold, althold)
- swashplate behaviour changes when on ground in acro, stabilize and althold
- servo test function fixed
- direct drive fixed pitch tail fix
- Z-axis Accel P gain default lowered to 0.3
- EKF origin set using SET_GPS_GLOBAL_ORIGIN mavlink message instead of SET_HOME_POSITION
- Intel Aero supports 921600 baud rate between main flight controller and companion computer
- Bug fix to I2C race condition on Pixhawk that could occasionally cause I2C device to not be detected
The real push for this release comes from the compass changes. The popular Honeywell compass (HMC) has become nearly impossible to find so the manufacturers of the Pixhawks and GPSs are moving to other brands of compass.
You’ll also see a number of TradHeli issues have been resolved. This is thanks to Chris Olson, Bill Geyer and Tridge over the past month or so. Thanks!
If all goes well with the beta testing we will release this in a week or so as the official version.
So please, beta test this version and provide feedback here in this thread or preferrably in new threads in this Copter-3.5 section if you find problems. Thanks in advance!