Copter-3.5.0-rc4 released for beta testing

So it sounds mostly like the LED simply isn’t working. That could be caused by a hardware problem or something interfering with communication on the I2C bus.

May not be related, but 3.5rc3 didn’t work on my 2.1 either. Turns out it was a corrupt card. Now I’m running 3.5rc4 just fine.

I have use for the last 8 days the rc4 on two hexa , one with Drotek RTK gps , everything work very well .
The last two days I flew with 5- 6 ms winds , both missions and loiter were just perfect.
The Pixhawk are from Mrobotics .

The only think that did not work is Autotune , it does not engage but it happens also with the 3.4.6.

Are you putting your throttle stick to dead center?

This is the only way it starts. For me at least. If it’s even a tiny bit 1 way or the other, Autotune will not begin.

Thanks Lance, did not know that .
In firmwares before 3.4.6. I never had that problem .

And I would never suspect it since my Altitude hold hovering I think it is quite exactly in the middle of the gas stick but it might be not so exact.

In fact immediately after switching in Autotune mode I receive a audio message on my Taranis with FRskyMAvling (Cloony version) , “Autotune started” , something like “waiting for … …” but I’m half deaf and my english knowledge is poor so I do not understand the message.
In Mission Planner “Message” Tab , only “Autotune start” appears.
If the audio message received is related to autotune it would be nice to have it appearing also in Mission Planner.

Yeah I think it’s just announcing the mode switch from mavlink message. It’s not actually starting the twitch until it sees what it believes to be 50% throttle input…or hover.

You can see it when its in autotun on the mission planner hud I think it shows up on the right side.

You bring up a good point. I wonder it a message could be added during autotune…a mavlink message for pitch tune start/end, yaw tune start end, roll tune start/end…just so you know.

any update about the analog sonar? EZ0?

Hey guys, Im trying to use APM Copter V3.5.0 rc-4 Quad, and am not being able to get it to work. The firmware seems to install fine through mission planner, but on powering the quadcopter, I am not able to stop the ESCs from beeping after pressing the safety button or arm the copter. However, when I switch back to v3.4.6, the problem disappears…

Would anyone know what the issue is?

Nevermind, realized we have to set the frame class in the setup screen, which was undefined for me. It works after changing that…

You must to do radio calibration and ESC calibration, again.

can someone help?

http://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/hexacoopter-3-5rc4-crash-with-single-motor-failure-why/16944?u=imrj

I built rc4 from source since I want to track down this oneshot arming problem and the unmodified firmware keeps giving me the error “PreArm: RC Pitch not configured”, this is despite re-calibrating the radio. Any clues?

andy

What values do you have in RC2_MIN/MAX? If 1100/1900, you’ll need to change them to another value and then back to these values.

Also, we have a few commits with fixes for Oneshot/motor initialization scheduled for rc5, you might want to check that first (look at https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/projects/4, in Commits column).

1901 and 1097. I tried changing and changing back but no effect - warning still sounds. I have cherry-picked the oneshot changes to try but can’t get beyond this warning currently :frowning:

I reset all the parameters to defaults and reloaded - still no joy. I added the current min/max values to the error message and they are reported as 1100/1900 - i.e. not what is set in MP.
Could this be anything to do with channel mapping or my board? I am using the spektrum input for the RX and my board is an AUAV-X2. 3.3.x and 3.4.x all worked fine.

Try to save to more different values, like 900 and 2000 and then back to their actual values. By the way, I had wrote RC3 in the previous post, but for pitch it is RC2.

Yes, I think that was the problem. I went back to 3.4.6 re-calibrated the radio then went forward and all was fine. I’ll try re-calibrating with 3.5 just to check, but the oneshot fixes work well for me. Thx.

Re-calibrating with 3.5 - did not work - I had to manually set RC2 values to something else and then re-calibration worked. Seems a little bit of a useability problem.

I have tested 3.5rc4 now for a few flights … standard flying around and some mapping missions …it seems fine …the only thing I have noticed is the telemetry back to the Taranis radio through the teensy now does not always connect the first go. as it has always done so in the last 100 flights, I have to unplug and replug the battery in to get it to transmit. From 3.4 I have noticed that if I leave the copter plugged in for over 8 mins (as part of our operation procedures to allow sensors to settle before taking off) the compass bar on the EKF monitor climbs to the top in red, a replug of the battery seems to help, as after that the compass seems stable? …so not sure its related to 3.4 / 3.5 but I have never seen this before upgrading from 3.3. other wise all good.