Controlling yaw during LOITER_TURNS?

I would like my quadcopter to circle a waypoint using LOITER_TURNS, but I would like the copter pointed away from the center of the circle. I’ve tried using the CONDITION_YAW command before entering LOITER_TURNS but that doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Is there any way to control the yaw of the copter during a circle when flying an auto mission?

yes, SET_ROI works, but it points to a single point, what you want is for it to point to a moving point.

The best way to do this is to put that point in the middle of the circle and move your gimbal from the from of the copter to the back of the copter.
Or recalibrate the copter declaring the front to be the new back :slight_smile:

I don’t think I want “for it to point to a moving point”. I want it to continue to “point” at the center of the circle, but apply 180° yaw to the vehicle. I don’t think that’s crazy talk but I guess it’s not something that’s possible right now.

Moving the gimbal or re-orienting the copter would seem to be just as limiting, in that you would be stuck with that orientation for the entire flight. I was hoping for the ability to make these adjustments as part of an auto mission.

I guess it’s time for me to poke at the ardupilot code in more depth.