Control issue

Hello everybody. I’m new to quadcopters and to this forum.
I have also a x structure quadcopter (dji f450 frame) and I’m using an APM. I have the same problem. Although I calibrate my RC via Mission Planner it still doesn’t work, except throtle. Also when I connect in mission planner in terminal, I get something strange, like in the image I uploaded.

Terminal mode is not supported on APM anymore. That garbage is the Mavlink data.

You need to turn you logging up so we can see the motor out values as well as RCIN.

LOG_BITMASK = 980 and should be 43006.

Mike

Ok, thank you. I’ll try that tomorrow. But that garbage I see also when I connect to arduino serial monitor, is the same thing?

did you figure out the issue ?

what you sugested solved a part of the problem and I really thank you for that. Now I can test engines in mission planner, and it kind of arms it but for just a few seconds. On battery, when I try to arm them, only one motor starts to spin a little bit then stops and nothing after that, throttle doesn’t work at all after that. And I also noticed that my motors start at different values of throttle.

We need to see the logs for those test to see what it thinks is going on. As long as you did the ESC calibration motors at different speeds may be just a balance issue.

Mike

same here…

ok. I uploaded it.

I looked at the log and I don’t quite no what to make of it.

Your Pitch and Roll calibration looks a little narrow. It should be 1000-2000 and yours are from 1600-1800.

Your test started in Auto Mode and then switch to Alt-Hold and then Stabilize. You should do the whole test in Stabilize so we don’t have other thinks getting in the way.

The Motors went to 1200 which should spin all of them if not takeoff. This is high for startup and no throttle. should be about 1100.

I didn’t see any throttle movement in the logs so don’t know what you did there. Radio calibration for throttle looks good though.

I would do another test with it in stabilize mode and just raise the throttle a little and then disarm. You don’t need any props for the test.

If you have the props off and armed you could also lift the copter and tip it left then right then forward and backwards so we can see that the motor outs change as it is moved around. For this to work though the throttle has to be raised a little otherwise the flight controller will shut the motors off.

Mike

today I couldn’t do anything. mission planner tells me that RC not calibrated although I calibrated over and over. If yesterday I could test motors in MP today nothing, and I didn’t change anything. searched all day for this problem, but nothing.