Control issue

I’m a newbie . I have an x type of quad and 2.6 apm board .
I have several issues I can’t figure out :

1. when try to take of it constantly flips sideways.
  2. when i hold it over my head and try to control pitch , yaw and roll I don’t feel any feedback from the copter.
  3. every time I connect power to the apm I have to do esc calibration. otherwise it doesn’t react to throttle.

Checked connection of the outputs and inputs ;
props rotation and orientation ;
board is facing forward ;
board is mounted on double side tape so there is no vibration;
I checked that parameters says board orientation “none” ;
I did accel , compass , radio calibration;
flight mode is stable

What can be the issue ?

@bazarishe,
Please provide tlogs and/or data flash logs to help troubleshoot your issue.
Regards,
TCIII GM

I uploaded several last logs on a Dropbox : dropbox.com/sh/id6kc3ssvbi1 … IZoda?dl=0

Also here the video( i did esc calibration and tried to take off…) : youtube.com/watch?v=cpQem7SsmnI

So nobody knows whats going on ?

.rlog’s aren’t much use (to me anyway) can you try uploading the data flash (.log or .bin) logs instead?

Hi,

Don’t know about this board specifically but whenever there is an issue with this type of control it usually points to motor rotation and props!

Check n double check that the motors are turning in the right direction.
Then check that the props are going the right way for each motor.
Then check that each motor is connected to the correct port on the flight controller.
If using MissionPlanner, check that your RC is going the right way.

I hope that this helps.

I found just one .log file in a folder

[quote=“jimbo385”]Hi,

Don’t know about this board specifically but whenever there is an issue with this type of control it usually points to motor rotation and props!

Then check that each motor is connected to the correct port on the flight controller.

I hope that this helps.[/quote]
As you can see on a video all the props has right direction and right props on a right motors.
I tried to disconnect everything and connect it back together -same thing.
The thing is that when i hold it over my head I dont feel any feedback(except throttle) when I use RC.
But I do see that it works when its connected to Mission planner

If the props are just snug, but not tight flipping can occur.
FYI: didn’t read your log.

[quote=“bazarishe”][quote=“jimbo385”]Hi,

As you can see on a video all the props has right direction and right props on a right motors.
The thing is that when i hold it over my head I dont feel any feedback(except throttle) when I use RC.
But I do see that it works when its connected to Mission planner[/quote]

Ok. Have you checked that each motor is connected to the right place on the Flight Controller?
Sometimes this one is missed and could cause the problems you’re having.

I found just one .log file in a folder[/quote]

Unfortunately that’s not a flight log, it looks like an installation log.
Any quad logs, once downloaded through mission planner, should be found in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner\logs\QUADROTOR\1

[quote=“FullScalePilot2”]If the props are just snug, but not tight flipping can occur.
FYI: didn’t read your log.

[quote=“bazarishe”][quote=“jimbo385”]Hi,

But I do see that it works when its connected to Mission planner[/quote][/quote]

Props are tight .

Any quad logs, once downloaded through mission planner, should be found in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner\logs\QUADROTOR\1[/quote]
I thought it should be .log or .bin files. I have only .tlog .rlog and telemetry picture in a folder.
.rlog’s are here dropbox.com/sh/id6kc3ssvbi1 … IZoda?dl=0

So I decided to turn controller 90 degrees and see if start flipping the other way. It didn’t it still flips sideways.
Stabilization and manual control doesn’t work . Trying to re install software now

[quote=“jimbo385”]Ok. Have you checked that each motor is connected to the right place on the Flight Controller?
Sometimes this one is missed and could cause the problems you’re having.[/quote]
I used this picture to connect and yeah it seems correct .

Well it looks like you’ve got those bases covered!

Sorry but I’m outa ideas. If I do think of anything, I’ll post.

Good luck.

Any quad logs, once downloaded through mission planner, should be found in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner\logs\QUADROTOR\1[/quote]
I thought it should be .log or .bin files. I have only .tlog .rlog and telemetry picture in a folder.
.rlog’s are here dropbox.com/sh/id6kc3ssvbi1 … IZoda?dl=0[/quote] you need download the logs from the flight controller. Read the wiki on downloading using mavlink.

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos

.rlog’s are here dropbox.com/sh/id6kc3ssvbi1 … IZoda?dl=0[/quote] you need download the logs from the flight controller. Read the wiki on downloading using mavlink.

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos[/quote]
It says “No logs to download”

[quote=“jimbo385”]Ok. Have you checked that each motor is connected to the right place on the Flight Controller?
Sometimes this one is missed and could cause the problems you’re having.[/quote]
Yeah everything seems right. The rotation and connection.
I returned the controller and got another one from a different seller.
Same issue . I’m also using 3 escs same brand and one different . Can it cause the issue ?
The motors seems to rotate at the same time like in a video I uploaded.
Maybe firmware is defective ? I’m using Mission planner 1.3.19 v3.2.1 for quad

At least new controller post logs . maybe someone can take a look it ant help me figure out .