Connecting to mission planner over internet and having problems

hi!
i am currently facing problem in connecting to the ground station over the internet .
i was trying to connect my mission planner on my pc connected to a wifi whose public ip[ address i knew. whereas on my drone where i am using raspberry pi 3 as an onboard computer and onbord wifi
using the following command -
mavproxy.py --master=/dev/ttyAMA0 --baudrate 57600 --out 192.168.137.1:14550 --aircraft MyCopter
i was transmitting the data to my ground station.the rpi3 is connected to a seprate and and different wifi also instead of 192.168…i used the public ip address of the computer at the GSC.
the mission planner is not connecting to the rpi3 through this…

Knowing the public IP does not mean you can reach a computer in the private network behind it. There is most likely some kind of router involved, which does NAT and/or provide a firewall to protect the private network from incoming traffic, that was not initiated from a computer inside the network. You will have to configure port forwarding for the network, if you have access to the router and are allowed to do so.
Or you use some kind of VPN or a service like zerotier etc. to make the vehicle reachable no matter what network it is in (as long as it is connected to the internet, of course).

1 Like