Connecting external sensors

Hi all,

Thank you for this great program and support.

I tried to connect Adafruit Precision NXP 9-DOF Breakout Board - FXOS8700 + FXAS21002
(Adafruit Precision NXP 9-DOF Breakout Board [FXOS8700 + FXAS21002] : ID 3463 : $14.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits)
to my flight controller Lumenier LUX H7 HD Ultimate Flight Controller
(https://getfpv-media.s3.amazonaws.com/wysiwyg/files/LUX-H7-User_Manual_v1.pdf)

The Flight Controller has onboard Accelerometer and Gyro, so the adafruit sensor will be used for its magnetometer mainly

connections I made:
adafruit Vin to FC 4V5
adafruit GND to FC G
adafruit SCL to FC CL1
adafruit SDA to FC DA1

I enabled compass in the parameter list but i didnt find any sensor from adafruit.
Is there a way to connect this or any other external sensor?

Hi @amilcarlucas

It"s not that easy. To be used for the AHRS of the flight controller the compass has to be part of the native driver package of AP_Compass.
The NXP sensor isn’t there (yet).

Yuri’s approach of is more useful in case of adding an exotic sensor to the autopilot for logging purposes. Here Yuri’s method shines. It’s not needed to write a c++ driver for the autopilot.

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses.

As we talked with Yuri in his thread about Arduino + Lua, I have to use a supported module.

Yuri’s method is indeed very good because I can log now temperatures of the Li-ion batteries I use, especially when they are discharged in a high rate