Connect custom sensor to apm2.5 and stream data on MP

Hello friends,

I am currently working on a project but I have encountered a problem. I want to connect a sensor to an APM 2.5 or CUAV v5+ using the UART port and read the data sent from the sensor. Then, I want to send this data to Mission Planner software and display it there. Furthermore, I want to visualize this data in real-time on a graph.
like this
sensor—Uart—>apm2.5—>mission planner

Now, I’m not sure which methods and codes to use, and I don’t know which parts of the ArduPilot code and which parts of the Mission Planner code to modify.

Please guide me through this.

Thank you.

APM 2.5 has been deprecated for 10 years. Start by getting a newer STM32 H7 one.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply
ok i buy cuav v5+ how about this?

Do as @amilcarlucas advices modern flight controllers, especially with a lot of RAM make it very easy to add support for sensors.

1 Like

Unless you actually need robustness of Cube system (if so you shouldn’t have considered APM2.x in the first place) you can use any H7 board, for example Matek H7 that will be significantly cheaper though it requires soldering.

Use Lua to read the data from the sensor, log it and send it to GCS using send named float.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply
But I’m not sure which methods and codes to use, and I don’t know which parts of the ArduPilot code and which parts of the Mission Planner code to modify
Where can I run Lua script? What part of the framework do I need to modify? I am very beginner in this work.

2 Likes