Config error: INS: unable to initialise driver

Hi there - Firstly - I am relatively new to Ardupilot.

I received a new Holybro pixhawk 4 and attempted to flash/configure it with Mission Planner using Rover 4.0.0.

Unfortunately the message the pixhawk keeps spitting out is

Config error: INS: unable to initialise driver

I flashed it with other versions of the firmware (rover 4.1, plane etc) but to no avail - the message remains the same.

Does anyone have any advice to offer ? Google searching on the error message has not been of much help.

Hi,

I am running into the same issue, but I’m using an Omnibus F4. Wondering whether you have solved the issue and found any solution to this?

Thanks!

Hi there - i did indeed sort it out. Basically I used the latest version (i.e. the development version). Given that was 6 months ago it may be supported by stable now, i haven’t checked.

Good luck.

I have the same problem, and tried all regular( stable and, beta) versions, with the same (lousy) results.4.4 is king now.
Seems\ to me there is a driver package around somewhere, but my ancient memory can’t remember where.
Anyone recall?

Config error:INS: unable to initialize driver
Matek F405wmn board with the firmware F405TE. Worked for a day while I loaded params, but next day when I started again THIS message was there. Now no wing wag, even though it says it’s connected. HUDS is frozen.
I’d like to get some help \with this issue.
Tried fresh software (remove and reinstall mission planner, hoping to get fresh driver package) on each element --Arduplane, mission planner – Tried beta for the Matek F405TE. What to try next?
Thanks in advance.

Several edits, to be more informative…