Complimentary antenna tracker

Can i have antenna tracker on both ground station and on my boat so that they continuously track each other

Hello @phani_N,

Without having actually seen it in the wild, I don’t see why not. It will be just another instance of an Antenna tracker, targeting the GCS tracker GNSS coordinates with the additional feature that it will be moving. And I believe this works already when mounting the traditional tracker setup onto a moving ground vehicle.

You might want to figure out your network setup before starting the build; the onboard antenna tracker controller will also need access to the MAVLink network.

Im a beginner so can i have some help on how to do this both the antennas must direct towards each other simultaneously should i modify the firmware ?

I don’t see in the relevant documentation specific instructions for your use case.

And I don’t know off the top of my head the exact steps either.

I suggest you either wait a bit for someone else to help you here, or try in our Discord.

1 Like

Hi @phani_N
The easiest way of doing it, without the need to modify any firmware or code. Is to use a gimbal (MNT1 OR MNT2_Type) and point it to the GCS Coordinates, or use track an SYSID to track your GCS Tracker.

for such a case, i would opt for a simple PAN and Tilt servo gimbal. More info on setting it here

Best,
D

So the ground station antenna tracker will be tracking the moving drone and tracker on the drone will track the ground antenna

How do i set up my moving vehicles tracker ante na to follow a gps position of ground station

Thats easy,
you either:
a. right click on mission planner, point camera here
b. use a mission command as a ROI
c. use this wonderfull article for tracking another SYSID https://youtu.be/FX60mqi9WMQ?si=J4oH6APK8-rHkYzb

a & b are for static cases