CompassMot and MotorSync

Hi

According to Randy’s videos to perform these tasks, he moves the propellers around the motors so that when the motors rotate the multicopter tends to go “down”.

Now, when I use the new E300 (or the E600) DJI motors and propellers I have a tiny problem. The propellers are self tightening so Randy’s trick won’t work.

Any suggestions on how to perform these tests considering the limitations of the self tightening props ?? Or do I just use a LOT of tape to try to keep the multicopter on the ground (not a very easy task on a hexa or octo with the combined lift capacity of these motors/props on 4S or 6S…)???

brgds

For safety sake, I would NOT use tape in this case. More like something like this:

[quote=“StefanG”]For safety sake, I would NOT use tape in this case. More like something like this:
[/quote]

Those look like tent stakes :slight_smile:

My workshop tile floor would not be very happy with those :slight_smile: Guess it would be a good time to go outside with the camping gear…at least its sunny and warm (30ºC)

Also not very practical for one time usage…

Jeps, they are :slight_smile:.
I always have done compassmot outside - just for safety reasons.

[quote=“StefanG”]Jeps, they are :slight_smile:.
I always have done compassmot outside - just for safety reasons.[/quote]

ok

but what would be a good process to perform compassmot inside that won’t require ground drilling?

What I’m thinking is some kind of heavy base (at least heavier than the max static thrust of each motor/prop point) and securely attaching the hexa to it.

I’ve followed some of the latest discussions about the compassmot procedure that would eliminate this kind of step and would “learn” while flying the corrections. How far are we from that?

That goes a bit out of the scope of this forum (Copter software support). I would recommend that you ask this question at DIYD. I can split this off and move it to the general discussion/multicopter forum but I think, at DIYD are more people reading.