Compassmot and Compass calibration linked together?

Hi,

as i understand from the doku it is best to do compass calibration outside in a wide field.

Is it necessary for compassmot to be in such place too or can i do that maybe on the bench?

In other words is compassmot relative to the values set before compassmot?
Does it matter if i do compassmot in the first place and then calibration or vice versa ?

Does tying the copter down with some tent pegs (metal) change the values of compassmot? (would have the great advantage of not having to do the prop balancing again)

Thanks for your Answers!

Compassmot measures the field strength in relation to either throttle (without power module) or amps (with power module). You don’t need to do it somewhere in the fields and your tent-spikes probably won’t matter if they are far enough away but you should avoid strong magnetic fields or unusual metal objects close to the compass while doing it.

How about the order?
Does Compassmot add upon the compass calibration and are the results for compassmod different if i do calibration first?

So you say compassmod just builds up on the status quo of the beginning of compassmot?
It uses just changes over throttle or current and no static magnetic effects?

Is compassmod depending on battery level? At what level should it be taken to be not too far off in critical (low voltage) situations (where failsafe will fire RTL)?

The order shouldn’t matter but I’d do calibration first. Compassmot saves it’s results separately in terms of field strength per throttle/current.
I guess, it is somewhat depending on battery level as a lover voltage might cause a lower magnet field through the cables but that shouldn’t be a huge issue.