Compass Motor Calibration Test Failure

Thanks! Shawn, I will go through this page for integrating the object avoidance system.
I have one more thing to ask, I have been trying to assign an RC10 switch to the servo connecting to AUX1. What I want to do is that when I use the RC10 switch, the servo should move to the particular PWM value. I know it is possible and I have been trying but have some problems.

1. My servo is not getting powered, my servo needs 5V to operate. Is it possible to power the servo from the AUX1 or do I need a separate BEC to power it?
  2. What should I assign Servo9_Function (for AUX 1) to do the job?
  3. What should I assign RC10 to move the Servo9/AUX1 to a particular PWM value?

Really looking forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks!

Definitely power the servo from a separate BEC, dont use the Flight Controllers power supply to run anything high power. The ground (or 0volt) wires have to be common of course.

First way is to just set
SERVO9_FUNCTION,60
for RCIN10 and set your transmitter to output the desired range of PWM.
In a Mission you can use Do Set Servo
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-mavlink-mission-command-messages-mav_cmd.html#mav-cmd-do-set-servo

The other way is to set each as a “Function” such as camera trigger (as an example)

RC10_OPTION,9
SERVO9_FUNCTION,10
1 Like

Hey Shawn!
Thank you so much, yeah it is working both ways but I need to ask a few things:

I am using a very small servo (9g) and I remember running the Arduplane and connecting the control surface’s servos to the FC directly in the MAIN port and they all were powering & running well.
Can’t I power a small servo (9g) through the FC? otherwise, I have to keep a BEC for that.

And What I am trying is, I have one servo connected to the drone which will be controlled by the pilot during the flight through the roller switch in a transmitter (which is generally used for gimbal rotation) but I also want to set an RC switch for the same servo in a way that when a pilot uses the switch the servo should move to its minimum position.

How can I do that? Do I need to connect the servo to 2 different AUX and assign it to the different switches or is there any other way?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

You can connect the BEC to the servo rail, which is convenient for powering more than one servo.
But you should never power servos from the flight controllers 5vdc because apart from the electrical noise they induce, if the servo stalls and draws excessive current it will cause the FC’s 5vdc to shut down, killing the aircraft even if nothing else was wrong.

Having the servo operate from a slider and a switch is an issue for the mixing in your transmitter. The servo can still be controlled from one RC channel.

1 Like

Hey Shawn! Thanks for the explanation.
Actually, I am using one servo which I trimmed with the range of 1350 to 1800 pwm value and controlling it with slider/channel and I want to assign some RC switch, once I flip the switch the servo should come to the 1100 pwm value. How can I do that? Is there any possible way to make this work?

Looking forward to your reply.