I am a newbie and am learning how to get everything working together. I have been having trouble for a few months attempting to get my quad build stable.
I am using an SK450 frame with a pixhawk and ubloc (and 900mhz telemetry) from 3DR on the GPS mast. Afro ESC and Sunnysky 980kv motors. I am using FrSky on 2.4 for control. Current Mission planner.
I had the quad pretty stable for a bit using an upside down yogurt container as a GPS mast. I wanted to get FollowMe mode working so I updated to 3.2 and crashed. After the rebuild I reverted to the stable build 3.1 and I used the GPS mast instead of the yogurt container.
Loiter mode is just not entirely stable. It will start to slowly toiletbowl. Not fast like it has in the past, but slowly start to toiletbowl. I have run through the compass and accel calibrations many many times. I also have run compassmot which currently is reporting about 20%. (18-22%)
Under 3.2 it would give me bad compass health errors at startup.
So I have some questions and would appreciate it if someone could take a look at the recent included log file as I am running out of leads.
Do the arrows on the pixhawk and ext 3dr compass/GPS have to be pointed in the same direction?
Does the PDB need to be far away from the pixhawk or the compass? I can get it away from one but not both. There simply isn’t enough real estate.
I have removed the screw in the lower right of pixhawk with the idea that it may be effecting the internal compass, but it didn’t change anything.
Does the pixhawk have to be well bonded to the airframe or can it float a bit?
Do I have a bad sensor?
I have run the log analysis and it reported:
Log File E:/APM/LOGS/91.log
Size (kb) 7098.3466796875
No of lines 96548
Firmware Version ArduCopter
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0
Test: Brownout = PASS -
Test: Compass = FAIL - Large compass off params (X:-75.74, Y:-165.91, Z:-234.92)
Large compass offset in MAG data:
Large change in mag_field (160.01%)
Max mag field length (578.93) > recommended (550.00)
Test: Dupe Log Data = PASS -
Test: Empty = PASS -
Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERR found: FS_BATT
Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 4, Max HDop: 5.13
Test: Parameters = PASS -
Test: PM = PASS -
Test: Pitch/Roll = FAIL - Pitch (-58.51, line 81171) > maximum lean angle (45.00)
Test: Underpowered = PASS -
Test: VCC = PASS -
- It reports the Compass = FAIL because of large offets and large change in mag field.
a. This is different that what is reported by compassmot.
b. I am at a loss on what additionally I can do to deal with the compass(es). The external compass unit (ubloc from 3DR) it on an official 3DR mast an sticks significantly above the unit. The pixhawk is pretty close to the PDB but I am out of ideas on how to separate the two. Maybe I could get a few cm more, maybe.