Compass issue

Not really sure if I’m meant to post this question here, but I bought a lea-6h gps/compass module from ebay. The gps is functioning well, but the compass is not. When I plug it all in correctly, and turn on MP, the compass heading only points toward the south east direction +/- about 25`, Even when I rotate continuously.

My APM board is 2.5 purchased from 3dr about a year ago and I have since modified it to use the external compass. I had a proper 3dr lea-6h gps, with a separate external compass, but crashed and smashed both of them, hence the new gps/compass module.

I have calibrated the compass a couple of times already, with no change.
I have tried changing the compass orientation manually in the gui.
I have tried removing it from the frame and moving it around with 200mm separation from all other electronics and framework.

My frame is a new diy jobby, made mainly out of fr4 and aluminium. The aluminium is located about 60mm away. The Esc’s and pdb are about 80mm away, but I haven’t run power through them yet so that shouldn’t be the problem.

Is there anything else I can try to get the compass working or to see if it is even functioning right?

Thanks, Nick.

Did you check if you have set the compass parameters correctly?

See the full parameters list

or go terminal , test, compass

[quote=“farbird”]Did you check if you have set the compass parameters correctly?

or go terminal , test, compass[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.
I’ll have a look when I get home tonight, Im just at work right now.

[quote=“farbird”]Did you check if you have set the compass parameters correctly?

or go terminal , test, compass[/quote]

Ok, I am trying to work through this again and am still getting the same issues.
I tried testing the compass by going to Terminal, Tests, Compass.

Here are my results

Sorry it’s in jpg format, but I can’t copy and paste out of terminal for some reason.

Im really hoping to resolve this, so any help will be greatly appreciated.