Compass Fail

I seem to be having a Compass issue. Cannot work out how to fix it. Read a number of articles on the Arducopter website, Have done numerous compass calibrations. When testing in the field the compass appears to be pointing in the correct direction.

Below are two of the excerpts from my logs. Anything else I can try? Running a 3DR X8.

Test: Compass = FAIL - Large compass off params (X:-23.54, Y:-62.76, Z:-186.57)
Large compass offset in MAG data:
Z: -186.00
mag_field interference within limits (10.77%)

Test: Compass = FAIL - Large compass off params (X:-23.54, Y:-62.76, Z:-186.57)
Large compass offset in MAG data:
Z: -186.00
mag_field interference within limits (10.56%)

Have you conducted a “compassmot” calibration, where you teach the system to counter for electronics introduced magnetic fields? If thats done, and you still experience hefty magnetic fluctuations, you have to relocate your compass away from strong currents. I found by just raising the compass away a few centimetres from the power distribution hub in my Flycatcher, I had no interference. Still no joy, you might have a faulty compass, but I think thats extremely rare.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks, the X8 came RTF, all I have added to it is a Frsky X8R receiver which is a distance from the compass. 3DR have designed the compass on its own mast, which is well away from electronics. See picture

190 isn’t a big deal. Just ignore the warning.

What is the allowable compass offset value?