Compass, EKF warnings - Can't calibrate

Newbie here - I inherited a survey boat with Pixhawk and an external compass, and my compass is way outta whack and getting EKF and Compass errors/warnings, The compass is sending electrons through the wires, as the boat icon will rotate as I drive it around, but with wrong orientation. I tried to run the online calibration and nothing happened when I hit the start button. In the configuration I forced all kinds of Yaw offsets and that did nothing to the actual published yaw in mission planner. I also noticed, the Orange line representing heading to next way point is always pointed up.

Lastly, I do need to update the Rover software, but only connect to the boat via Mavlink, which prohibits updates through this protocol, so I guess I have to load MP on the boats Windows computer and find the USB Port number?

Nothings changed on the boat, and I have used it alot, its just recently the compass errors appeared.

Any ideas? Tia, Scott

I was finally able to complete a relaxed compass calibration, and the heading now is much better, but any ideas on why the orange line that represents the direction to the next waypoint is always pointing due north, and does not move?

Thanks