Command to change heading in acro or steering mode

Hello Friends,
When I am in acro or steering mode, is there any command to change heading? For example change heading 30 degrees right?
In ardurover documentation I found only one similar command - SET_ATTITUDE_TARGET
The problem is: it works only in guided mode and you can’t set new heading target in degrees or similar.
Thanks!

Hi @Roman_Mastino,

No, Acro mode is really a mode meant for human pilots to control the vehicle. If the command is sent by an external GCS, companion computer or Lua scriopt then Guided mode should be used.

Thanks! I understand now. Why rover firmware do not has PID autotune function like copter firmware ? Or maybe you will add it in the future?

Hi @Roman_Mastino,

Yes, we’re thinking about adding an autotune mode (or lua script). It is a little different from Copter and Plane in that feedforward is the dominated gain that needs tuning.

I can’t promise when but we’re certainly thinking about it and lots of users struggle with tuning… although I think if people follow the wiki they should be able to get a good tune.

1 Like

@rmackay9 please let me know if I can be of any help with an autotune feature for Rover. I’ve explored a few ideas in that realm (via scripting) in the past and never made much progress. But with dev team support, I’m sure we can make it a reality!

1 Like

@Yuri_Rage,

Yes, I’ve been keeping your script in mind along with the VTOL-quicktune.lua script. I hope using these two as a base we can get somewhere.

1 Like

Very good! I’ve been a bit more active on Discord lately, so should be reachable there.

Thanks! That would be great!