Code for Survey Grid Tool

Hello,

I’d like to do some work on the Survey Grid tool, namely to make the parameters saveable, but I haven’t been able to find where it is. I’ve downloaded the Mission Planner code base from github, but I don’t know my way around it very well. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

what part do you want saveable? if you give an example I might be able to add it.

If it is easy for you to add it, that would be great! Although I would still like to know how I could contribute to the code. A few things that I’m thinking of:

1. Save the ‘state’ of the survey tool, so that it can be loaded again. This would include the polygon, grid angle, camera settings, etc… Much like saving/loading a waypoint file is already. At the moment, I think the only way to recreate a Survey is to load the polygon, and re-enter the parameters.

2. I would like the parameters that are displayed at the bottom of the Survey tool screen to be accessible after the survey is turned into a mission. Things like picture footprint size, survey area, time and length of flight, line spacing, etc… If it was possible for a Survey to be saved as a file then there could be a ‘last-created-survey’ temporary file with this information, and a ‘See Last Survey’ button or something that could bring it up.

3. I would like to be able to export the graphics that are in the survey tool as SHP files. The bordering polygon (which is available in other ways, but it would be good to be able to export it from the survey screen too), the grid lines, the markers, the camera footprints, and the internal camera positions.

We’re starting a business using these things, which are superb, but these are some things I’d like to see implemented, whether I can assist or not… Thanks,