Coaxcopter

Where can I download Coaxcopter firmware? Is there any documentation for Coaxcopter?

What you describe is referred to as an “X8” octa-copter as opposed to a “flat” octa-copter. It is included in the pixhawk setup wizard in mission planner as one of the standard options (bottom left, after choosing multirotor).

You might also be interested in a Y6, which is also a coaxial, and also included as a standard option during setup in mission planner.

I think he means coaxial single copter so not an x8. Although I can’t help, just clarifying…hopefully

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos

Yes I am referring to the Coaxcopter from this page.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/singlecopter-and-coaxcopter/

I am looking for the firmware version that supports the Coaxcopter.

If it is not available, is there a tutorial or instructions on how I could make my own motor mix table and servo outputs? I have done this for other controllers but would like to learn APM.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t know about the Coaxcopter; looks very cool.

I guess you have to compile it yourself, but I don’t know if it works yet (see first point below),
From your link,

• Warning CoaxCopter is not yet implemented do not attempt to use.
  • For the time being, the user needs to compile the source code themselves.
  • Add this line to the APM_Config.h: #define FRAME_CONFIG COAX_FRAME
  • In the near future this will be added as a downloadable binary to firmware.diydrones.com and likely as a Mission Planner loadable icon.

Thanks, I saw those warnings.

At the top of the page in red it says “Warning the SingleCopter (available since AC3.1) and CoaxCopter (available since AC3.2) are entirely new and experimental!”.

I read that as saying Coaxcopter is available since AC3.2 but I can not find it anywhere. Am I misunderstanding what they are saying?

Any ideas how to get Coaxcopter?