cliSerial->printf now printing hordes of binary info

I just recompiled my rover with 4.0.1 and cliSerial is printing a lot of unwanted binary with my intended output.
A good search shows no other printf commands other than my own.

Is there a gotcha now with using cliSerial?
I used to put the data out of the serial USB port to putty or RealTerm.
This used to work fine in version 3.
Thanks

@jwcalvert,

We’ve remove the CLI (command line interface) from the past few versions so I suspect you’re seeing mavlink data. We have a wiki page here which shows how to use send_text instead.

It may also be possible to turn off the mavlink data coming from the serial port you’re using by changing SERIALx_PROTCOL (where x corresponds to the serial port number). I’m not sure about this though.

Thanks for the suggestion. On 1st try it worked. But I need to control the actual location on the screen, the font size if possible (too large right now) and how to turn off the text-to-voice feature. Is there documentation on these things?

@jwcalvert,

The location, font and text-to-voice features would all be down to the ground station and how it wants to display the information. Text-to-voice on MP can be enabled/disabled on the Software Config >> Planner screen. The list of all send_texts received appears on MP’s Flight Data screen’s Messages tab (see bottom left of the screen).