CLI outputs nonsense strings

Hi,

When I run terminal on mission planner, it spits out nonsense strings all the time, and I cannot run commands at all… I’m using AC3.3-rc8. The same problem happens for AC3.4

I was testing to send NMEA sentences to Pixhawk serial port E via FTDI cable, but Pixhawk didn’t response (diydrones.com/forum/topics/send- … ial-port-e). I added a few outputs to console hal.console->print_P(PSTR(“xxx”)) to look for the problem, but failed because of the flood…

Anyone also advice about the same problem? Thanks!

It’ll be fantastic if you could also help with the NMEA problem… :slight_smile:

@csmiler,
There is no longer a CLI function in ArduCopter v3.3 to conserve memory.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Sorry for the mistake. I’m new to ardupilot. What I mean is that when I run terminal on mission planner, it keeps displaying nonsense characters and prevents me from inputting commands (test, setup, etc). It doesn’t happen for AC3.2.1 though.

I suppose hal.console->print_P() outputs strings to the terminal (correct me if I’m wrong), and I’m trying to use it to debug.

Any idea? Thanks!

@csmiler,
Like I said above the CLI function is no longer available in ArduCopter v3.3 to conserve memory.
The gibberish that you are seeing is all you are going to get and is unusable for troubleshooting purposes.
Regards,
TCIII GM

1 Like