Cinewhoop Frame for 30,5mm FC

Hi,

I am planing my first Ardupilot build. No HW ordered, yet. It seems that H7 FC’s are hard to get. At least here in Germany. It is the same with “special” frame setup’s such as 3-3.5" cinewhoops or similar. So I am thinking how to get the smallest, yet powerful enough frame size together with a 30.5mm mount hole FC.

Regarding the frame, I would like to keep a rather small build with max 4" props.
Right now, my favourite frame is the Foxeer Foxwhoop 35. The reason I like to go with cinewoops is the prop protection and durability, especially the Foxwhoop35 frame. Since I never messed around with Ardupilot, I am a bit scared of non protected props. How do you guys test your “heavier” models indoors? It is no problem with a max 2" sized whoop, obviously…

Does anyone know the Foxwhoop 35 frame and have exact measurmentes of the mounting plates? I can’t find any detailed information on this frame.
Are there any other recommendations?

Regarding the FC: Matek H7 Slim or non-slim seem to be the ones to go for.
But there is also Skystars H7 Dual Gyro ( + KM60 BL32 ), Mamba H7 MK4, etc.
As for an AIO, which will fit for sure: iFlight Beast H7 V2 seems to have an accessable SPI to connect a digital compass.

I feel a bit lost, help is appreciated :slight_smile: Thanks.

EDIT: Ooops, this is my first post. I am living in Germany. I had a lot of RC stuff as kid back in the late 90’s, like RC cars and boats. Then after a decade of a break, I started with co-axial copters first, then with small CP helis. Then again after a long break I started again, this time with tiny quads and been playing around with a Meteor85 and Mobula7. I have a 3D printer as a side hobby/tool and a lot of electronics/uController stuff. I am working as a Software Developer for embedded systems, but not so much embedded stuff for quite some time :slight_smile:

best greetings

We don’t typically. Outdoors for that!

I would have suggested this. Either the Slim or Mini. The largest that will fit will be easiest to work with. I have both and they are great Flight Controllers.

Thanks for your reply.
It comes down to the threshold when it is to heavy & dangerous. One of the things I am hoping to achieve with a 3,5" size frame, but am really unsure at the moment.

I would rather go for the Slim variant, but don’t know if it will fit in the foxwhoop35 frame.

I have flown (hovering) my 3", 4" and 5" indoors for some specific tuning . I would not fly my 7" indoors. At least not in my house :grinning: