Channels 9 to 16 on Matek F405 Wing V2 and ArduPlane 4.5.1

Dear fellow developers and enthusiasts,

I’m currently engaged in configuring a rather intricate aircraft that requires more than the standard 8 channels. Despite my efforts, I’m encountering challenges in utilizing APM channels 9 to 16, and unfortunately, I haven’t been able to locate comprehensive setup instructions. Could someone lend a hand with this?

Here’s a breakdown of my hardware setup:

• TX: Radiomaster TX16 MKII transmitter
  • FC: Matek F405 Wing V2 flight controller
  • RX: FS ia6b or FS ia10b receiver (with the option to switch to Frsky or another compatible receiver if necessary)

I’ve been working with Arduplane version 4.5.1 (with attempts made on version 4.4.4 as well).

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards

Outputs?
This is what you get:

If you need more than 9 you bought the wrong Flight Controller. Matek H743-Wing will give you 12.

If it’s Inputs that Rx is only 10 chan.

Well, really, I don’t need the 16, the ones the controller has are enough for me. The issue is that I can’t use beyond 8 and I don’t understand why.

In both my radio calibration window and in the servo outputs window I only have control over 8 channels.

You are probably outputting PPM from the receiver to the FC. That is then only 8 channels. You should rather output SBUS if your receivers can do this.

Thank you @Target0815 I was outputting PPM. Now I am trying to switch to SBUS.

I attach photos of my new config:

Sirst photo: reciever FS ia6b with the connection on the IBUS pin (it looks like IBUS is FlySky’s SBUS but I’m not sure)

Second photo: TX16 config with PWM,SBUS protocol

The problem I get now it’s that I can’t get a signal from my TX on the FC (even in the radio calibration or servo output tab)

IBUS is not SBUS, but I don’t know what limitations IBUS has. Better connect a real FrSky receiver for testing.

Anyway it’s quite strange not getting any response from the system, even using the SBUS pin on my FC or the RX2…

The FS ia10b can apparently also output SBUS, the FS ia6b cannot.

I think both should output SBUS. I’m trying now with the FS ia10b

No way, I am not getting any response

Then get rid of it and do this.

I finally get it work. I set up the PPM/IBUS protocol on my TX and I get thhe IBUS output from my reciever. Then I connect the RC signal into the Rx2 pin.

Thank you all,
Kind regards