CH9->CH13 mapping to AUX1->AUX6

I’m running a 16 channel S.bus stream into a Pixhawk’s RC in port. CH1->CH8 work fine. I’d like to map CH9->CH13 to AUX1->AUX6 to control my camera and gimbal. I’ve set BRD_PWM_COUNT to “6” as well as RC9_FUNCTION through RC13_FUNCTION to “1” (Pass through). Still no love. I’ve read that this should work with the default mapping. I’ve also read that channels above 8 are not read in off an S.bus input stream. Which is correct? Would 3.2 help? Any help? Thanks in advance.

I can’t give you a concrete answer, but I can say that I’m using a Futaba T8FG with s.bus and I have ch9 controlling my gimbal tilt via Aux1 Output. A check of my parameters shows that RC9_FUNCTION = 7, mount_tilt not 1 pass through.
So I can confirm at least that with 3.2 FW on a Pixhawk it is reading channels above 8. Beyond that I can’t say for sure weather or not pass through assignment works. I believe that channels 9-14 are automatically assigned to Aux1-6 when available.
I believe the only channels you can “map” are the first 4 flight controls.
Can you post a copy of your parameters?

Regards,
Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

After further investigation I think I have an answer for you. My description of the way things work, ch9-14 being assigned to Aux 1-6 is correct. However it would appear that the ability for the user to assign the channel they wish to each Aux Channel. See this GitHub issue posted by Marco Robustini. https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/1644#issuecomment-65323024 I think it addresses what you and others are looking for.

Regards,
Nathaniel ~KD2DEY