Ccw loiter_turns

I know this is an older topic, but I cannot make a CCW Loiter_TURNS mission work. I am using a negative value in the Circle_Rate and it is not changing anything, the sim hexa turns north or clockwise regardless of what value I enter. Any help would be much appreciated.
I need to fly two accurate 180 degree arcs, one CW and the second CCW around an antenna for my project within a fence. The drone needs to maintain a constant speed while in these arcs for calibration purposes. I have tried the approach of creating a circle using individual waypoints, but “BendyRuler” will slow the drone down to 0 at every waypoint.
Am I missing anything or is this a configuration issue? Using MP 1.3.81 build 1.3.8811.40511 and the latest SITL ArduCopter V4.6.0-dev (573436e8) version.

Hi @adiercks,

Thanks for the report. I’ve reproduced the issue and either we’ve never supported this and our documentation is wrong or we’ve broken support at some point. 4.4.4 also doesn’t seem to support CCW rotations by setting the CIRCLE_RATE parameter to a negative value.

I’ve added this to the Copter-4.5 issues list.

P.S. our documentation for LOITER_TURNS is also partially missing the Radius parameter.

Hi @adiercks,

After some consultation with @hwurzburg we’ve found at least two issues so far (the docs are incorrect, MP has a display bug) but the good news is that if you set the LOITER_TURNS command’s Radius to a negative number it should move in a CCW direction. I’ve tested this and it works. Sadly this means there’s no way to do a CCW piroutte.

Hi @rmackay9, Interesting solution. Thank you. I will try that in the AM tomorrow.

This works like a charm. Excatly what I needed. Thanks.

1 Like