Can't find good PID settings for large Rover

Hi,

I made tries, and tries and tries…

Same issue : the target heading (green line) are completly “off”.
Target heading point to the “back” of the rover, and the rover do circle :

Log : Download - UploadNow.io

Someone had already tune a “big” rover ? I’m completly disapointed :sweat_smile:

It probably has nothing to do with it being a “big” rover. Does it drive correctly in Acro Mode? If it doesn’t you probably have something backwards.

I need to check again the basic tuning, as acro mode is not as good as some weeks ago.

Severals issues in acro mode :

Throttle issue : sometime if rover are stopped, even If I put full trottle, rover don’t want to moove…

Steering issue : when runing, steering seem to be ok, but sometime rover slow down / stop (I don’t reduce the throttle stick) and sometime even if the steering stick it’s full right, sometime I can see that the rover want to turn to the left…

Where can be the issue for the rover that don’t want to start even If I put 100% throttle on my stick ?

And what can be the cause of the steering issue in acro mode (at stop or very low speed, rover want to turn even if the stick are full right) ?

It’s all linked to PID issue or I need to search also in othe place ?

Hi,

I made new tests but can’t find where is the issue with the stick / throttle.

Someone already had this issue ?

Hi mate, I’m also trying to adjust the PID’s with a very large rover and it’s a little hell, when you get a small advance another one gets out of adjustment and you can’t get everything to go well like a small rover. In my case, now the direction is going a bit well, but the speed cannot be smooth and it speeds up or slows down (decelerates) when it arrives at or leaves a waypoint.

Have you got some good PIDs ?