Cannot update MP -- remote server returned an error

The MP version on my Windows 7 laptop (32-bit, not 64-bit) is not update, at 1.3.40 build 1.1.6105.13696. After updating, I got an error message,attached, saying Remote Server returned an error.

Before updating, I have the laptop Windows 7 updated at Microsoft website.

Anything I can do to have it updated ?

Thanks!
update%20error%20message|690x387

please reinstall from MSI, this should resolve all your issues.
http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/MissionPlanner-latest.msi

Thanks Michael. I solved the issue by reinstalling from msi.

Being the main developer of MP, you should be the best person to help me with the other questions on this software :–

1. I accidentally checked the LOG_BITMASK box under “Fav” column in Full Param list… As a result, this param moved to the top of the param list. How can I move it down so it is listed in alphabetical order ?

2. I have 3 laptops with latest MP version (1.3.61) installed. However, I got “Payload Control” tab underneath HUD in only 2 of my 3 laptops, but missing it in the 3rd one. I tried re-install both .net framework 4.6.1 and msi, and reboot the 3rd laptop. But this did not help.

The 2 laptops with “Payload Control” appearing are :

a) Toshiba Satellite running on Windows 7 (32-bit OS)

b) Acer running on Windows 10 (64-bit OS)

The laptop without “Payload Control” appearing is HP running Windows 7 (64-bit OS). During re-installing msi, I was prompted to choose “repair” in the installation setting.

Any light you can shed to troubleshoot ?

By the way, I searched “Payload Control” in MP serach box with nothing returned. Any description on this ?

Really appreciate your help.

Frankie

1. untick fav, and it will go back into the list as normal
  2. right click the menu, pick customize, and add back payload control

Thanks. I got the payload control tab back.

But for moving the param, I tried unchecking the fav before, there was no change.

Just now, I tried again unchecking the fav, there is no change in the screen. I then click “disconnect” and “Connect” again, not only the param still stays at the top, the check mark re-appears. Weird.