Cannot stream video to QGC with GStreamer

Hello,

i am using a raspberry camera on my quadcopter in order to stream video to my laptop. I have rasperry pi 3B with a raspberry camera attached. I have installed gstreamer both on my quadcopter’s raspberry and also on my windows laptop.
When i give the command gst-launch-1.0 rpicamsrc bitrate=1000000 ! ‘video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1,profile=baseline’ ! jpegenc ! rtpjpegpay ! udpsink host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=5600 on my quadcopter’s raspberry and the command C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin\gst-launch-1.0.exe -v udpsrc port=5600 ! application/x-rtp, encoding-name=JPEG, payload=26 ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtpjpegdepay ! jpegdec ! autovideosink on my windows laptop, a popup video appears on my laptop where i can see my copter’s camera video feed as expected…

However, if instead of giving the above command on my laptop I open QGC where in the settings I have enabled the option UDP h.264 video stream , UDP port : 5600 , i cannot see any video feed within QGC… What am I doing wrong ?? How could i see my copter’s video within QGC using gstreamer?

Thanks a lot

Far from an expert but I think the issue is the rPi video stream output is MJPG encoding and the option selected in QGroundControl(QGC) is for h.264 encoding. I am not sure what is the easiest solution, but I would see if you can get a gstreamer pipeline on the rpi to output an h.264 or h.265 encoded video stream and then select a comparable option in QGC.

Another option would be to use mission planner. If you right click on the HUD/PFD you can go to the video menu and directly enter a gstreamer pipeline.

Hello DroneWrangler…

I tried on mission planner and I have specified directly the same command that I give on my windows laptop in the case where gstreamer appears in a separate window… But in mission planner i don’t get any video feed…I have also tried and installed SRT for gstreamer on my raspberry and laptop, but on my raspberry when i give the command gst-launch-1.0 rpicamsrc ! videoconvert ! x264enc bitrate=8000 tune=zerolatency speed-preset=superfast byte-stream=true threads=1 key-int-max=15 intra-refresh=true ! video/x-h264, profile=baseline ! mpegtsmux ! srtserversink uri=srt://0.0.0.0:8888/ latency=100 i get an error message as WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "srtserversink"