Cannot select "Stabilise" on Camera Gimbal screen

I’m doing a quick test of the Camera Gimbal function to ensure it works with the servos on my pan & tilt unit, but see no servo movement. I’m following the APMCopter WIKI’s Automatic Camera Stabalization instructions.

I’ve completed the following steps:

Connect tilt servo signal wire to Aux I/O A6, PWR and GND to Output rails
Connect pan servo signal wire to Aux I/O A5, PWR and GND to Output rails

On Hardware>Optional Hardware>Camera Gimbal screen
Selected “RC6” for Tilt
Am unable to check "Stabalise Tilt box
Selected “RC5” for Pan
Am unable to check "Stabalise Pan box

I do not see any button to “load” those changes. Does the APM 2.5 have to have these changes saved to it. I tried all of this separately with both USB connection and 3DR 915 MHz Telemetry connections.

I see no servo movement, and the servos are not under APM control (I can move them easily by hand)

I’ve made no other changes. Are there any other changes required? I looked through all of the parameter lists and see nothing related to Camera gimbal.

I’ve tested the servos so I know they are functional.

falcon

My initial thread on the previous forum http://diydrones.com/group/ardurover-user-group/forum/topics/questions-about-apm-2-5-functionality asked the question about camera stabilization when I was researching for an autopilot unit. One of the later posts (well after I took delivery) then suggested this feature was not available in the Rover code version.

I just loaded the quad code into my APM 2.5 and was able to enable the Pan and Tilt channels on the Hardware>Optional Hardware>Camera Gimbal screen. I then loaded the Rover code back into it and those enable buttons did not function.

Who would I contact, or how would I go about having this issue addressed? I have no Arduino experence so I wouldn’t know where to begin even if I had the code right in front of me.

falcon

@Falcon,

Tridge has updated and enabled the camera gimbal stabilization code for the APM2.x in the latest 2.43 beta2 release that can be found here: github.com/diydrones/ardupilot .

Any member who wishes to use a stabilized camera gimbal on a rover is encouraged to try out this beta2 release and report back your experience with this new functionality.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer