Cannot install APM 2 on Mac OSX 11

I’m on OSX 11.2.3 however I’m unable to install APM 2. Every time I try to install it it says that it cannot be installed

Same with the FTDI driver, it refuses to install. Is there a version that is available for Mac OSX 11?

2 Likes

I have a similar issue (OSx 11.4); however, in my case the APM installation was successful, while the FTDI Driver would not install as it is deemed incompatible for this OS version. Without it, the APM does not connect to the hardware via USB.
In some forums it is said that the driver is already part of the OS, but it is not in my case.
Has anyone been successful installing APM on a Mac with Osx 11 (Big Sur)?

I use QGroundControl… FTDI serial driver (VCP) pour BigSur (11.5.1) is there:

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDextInstaller_1_4_7.zip

Capture d’écran 2021-07-31 à 17.05.56

Thanks!
I attempted to install that driver, though, and got this error:
‘app containing system extension to be activated must be in /Applications folder’
Placing the driver file in the /Applications folder did not change the outcome.
Is there a particular procedure to follow when installing it?

Run the Installer from the Application folder:

Capture d’écran 2021-07-31 à 21.56.04

If needed, allow installation (Sys pref, security and confidentiality)

Capture d’écran 2021-07-31 à 21.56.36

then expect success

Capture d’écran 2021-07-31 à 21.56.50

Thanks for the detailed response!
For some reason, I keep getting the same error:

Perhaps it has to do with the permission settings you mentioned. I don’t see ‘allow installation’ permission under ‘Security & Privacy’. Can you add a screenshot of this setting?

As extension is now installed on my system, the message didn’t appear when I redo the installation…

Capture d’écran 2021-08-01 à 07.55.10

It still fails, not sure what the issue is.
In any case, I appreciate your quick and detailed responses!

Had the same issue on MacOS11.5beta with the driver.

Placed it inside Applications and instead of the error I got ‘waiting for approval’ as the message, a beep and nothing else.
On a hunch I opened System prefs/Security and although I didn’t get a screen shot of it, there was a message to check system software

Once I did that, the installer gave me the OK
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 5.33.10 am

Unfortunately, I don’t see any message.
What exactly did you have to check?