Servers by jDrones

Cannot edit Flightdata.cs in Design View

(kane111) #1

Issue details

Cannot edit Flightdata.cs in design view

Version

Latest Master

I’m trying to add a widget to the Flightdata to view some data from the distance sensor. However I cannot open the flightdata class in design view. I can open every other class in design view though.

These are the errors associated.

** Could not load file or assembly ‘SkiaSharp, Version=1.60.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified | Could not load file or assembly ‘SkiaSharp, Version=1.60.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified **

**Could not load file or assembly ‘SkiaSharp, Version=1.60.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified **

(Michael Oborne) #2

You will need to install the correct dependency in the windows gac for it to work

(Corrado Steri) #3

Hello @Michael_Oborne, since i have the same problem, could you be a bit more specific?
I tried downgrading to 1.60.0.0 but than i get a ton of different errors, so i guess you mean something else.
Would really appreciate a little help.
If somebody else figured this out can please tell me how you did it?

(Michael Oborne) #4

grab the dll from the one linked in MP
and do
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/app-domains/how-to-install-an-assembly-into-the-gac#global-assembly-cache-tool

(Corrado Steri) #5

@Michael_Oborne
Thanks!!!, but wich dll should i use with the tool?
I understand i am a little dumb, sorry :frowning:

(Corrado Steri) #6

@Michael_Oborne did the following but still same error in flightdata design:

1 copied skiasharp.dll from installed MP folder to a folder where i have gacutil
2 went to folder where i have gacutil and skiasharp.dll and run gacutil -i skiasharp.dll from an admin prompt
3 skiasharp.dll was correctly registered
4 went to visual studio, opened solution and same problem in flightdata design
5 Skiasharp package i am using at the moment is 1.68.0

I probably do not understand what i have to do, could you please be a bit more specific about what needs to be done? I guess it’ll stay here for future reference and users if i can solve it.
Sorry to be a bit dumb on the issue.

Thanks in advance.

(Corrado Steri) #7

Still at a loss, tried everything my skill allowed for but still no joy.

I guess it must be very difficult to do otherwise if it was a one minute thing @Michael_Oborne would have probably helped.

(Michael Oborne) #8

did you restart VS after doing this?

also
what version is VS complaning about? install that version to the gac. can grab it from nuget

(Corrado Steri) #9

vs is looking for 1.60 and i have 1.68, bit if i downgrade to 1.60 i get a lot of different errors.

Is there a guide somewhere of what i can try? So i can try it ony own without wasting your time.

(Corrado Steri) #10

Still working on it, what a mess

(Michael Oborne) #11

install 1.60 to the gac, leave everything else alone

(Corrado Steri) #12

Finally fixed, thank you. It has a been difficult to find the 1.60 dll, but once i found it gacutil solved the issue.
For anyone that could have same problem in future here is what i did:

• Inside visual studio i went to nuget package manager
  • disinstalled skiasharp 1.68 and installed skiasharp 1.60 in order to create the 1.60 skiasharp.dll in my system
  • disinstalled skiasharp 1.60 and went back to skiasharp 1.68
  • searched skiasharp.dll in my system and made sure it was versio 1.60 looking in file details
  • searched for gacutil.exe in my system
  • started an administrator command prompt and run gacutil.exe -i skiasharp.dll
  • before running the utility i copied the 1.60 skiasharp.dll in the same folder as the gacutil.exe

After each disinstall and after each install, for peace of mind, i restarted both pc and VS.

Doing this fixed my problem in editing the flightdata.cs

If anyone needs it i can send them the 1.60 skiasharp.dll so that only the last 3 points need to be done.

Hopefully if someone else has same problem as me he can fix it in 5 minutes instead of weeks like me :slight_smile:

Thanks

(Patrick Quach) #13

@Corrado_Steri Could you please post a link for the download file of the 1.60 skiasharp.dll? I would appreciate it!

(Michael Oborne) #14

https://www.nuget.org/api/v2/package/SkiaSharp/1.60.3
Download this, and open it as a zip file

(Corrado Steri) #15

Rename extension to zip.

Look into folder lib->net45

Just to make sure in file details check it is 1.60.3