Cannot edit Flightdata.cs in Design View

Issue details

Cannot edit Flightdata.cs in design view

Version

Latest Master

I’m trying to add a widget to the Flightdata to view some data from the distance sensor. However I cannot open the flightdata class in design view. I can open every other class in design view though.

These are the errors associated.

** Could not load file or assembly ‘SkiaSharp, Version=1.60.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified | Could not load file or assembly ‘SkiaSharp, Version=1.60.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified **

**Could not load file or assembly ‘SkiaSharp, Version=1.60.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified **

You will need to install the correct dependency in the windows gac for it to work

Hello @Michael_Oborne, since i have the same problem, could you be a bit more specific?
I tried downgrading to 1.60.0.0 but than i get a ton of different errors, so i guess you mean something else.
Would really appreciate a little help.
If somebody else figured this out can please tell me how you did it?

grab the dll from the one linked in MP
and do
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/app-domains/how-to-install-an-assembly-into-the-gac#global-assembly-cache-tool

@Michael_Oborne
Thanks!!!, but wich dll should i use with the tool?
I understand i am a little dumb, sorry :frowning:

@Michael_Oborne did the following but still same error in flightdata design:

1 copied skiasharp.dll from installed MP folder to a folder where i have gacutil
2 went to folder where i have gacutil and skiasharp.dll and run gacutil -i skiasharp.dll from an admin prompt
3 skiasharp.dll was correctly registered
4 went to visual studio, opened solution and same problem in flightdata design
5 Skiasharp package i am using at the moment is 1.68.0

I probably do not understand what i have to do, could you please be a bit more specific about what needs to be done? I guess it’ll stay here for future reference and users if i can solve it.
Sorry to be a bit dumb on the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Still at a loss, tried everything my skill allowed for but still no joy.

I guess it must be very difficult to do otherwise if it was a one minute thing @Michael_Oborne would have probably helped.

did you restart VS after doing this?

also
what version is VS complaning about? install that version to the gac. can grab it from nuget

vs is looking for 1.60 and i have 1.68, bit if i downgrade to 1.60 i get a lot of different errors.

Is there a guide somewhere of what i can try? So i can try it ony own without wasting your time.

Still working on it, what a mess

install 1.60 to the gac, leave everything else alone

Finally fixed, thank you. It has a been difficult to find the 1.60 dll, but once i found it gacutil solved the issue.
For anyone that could have same problem in future here is what i did:

• Inside visual studio i went to nuget package manager
  • disinstalled skiasharp 1.68 and installed skiasharp 1.60 in order to create the 1.60 skiasharp.dll in my system
  • disinstalled skiasharp 1.60 and went back to skiasharp 1.68
  • searched skiasharp.dll in my system and made sure it was versio 1.60 looking in file details
  • searched for gacutil.exe in my system
  • started an administrator command prompt and run gacutil.exe -i skiasharp.dll
  • before running the utility i copied the 1.60 skiasharp.dll in the same folder as the gacutil.exe

After each disinstall and after each install, for peace of mind, i restarted both pc and VS.

Doing this fixed my problem in editing the flightdata.cs

If anyone needs it i can send them the 1.60 skiasharp.dll so that only the last 3 points need to be done.

Hopefully if someone else has same problem as me he can fix it in 5 minutes instead of weeks like me :slight_smile:

Thanks

@Corrado_Steri Could you please post a link for the download file of the 1.60 skiasharp.dll? I would appreciate it!

https://www.nuget.org/api/v2/package/SkiaSharp/1.60.3
Download this, and open it as a zip file

Rename extension to zip.

Look into folder lib->net45

Just to make sure in file details check it is 1.60.3