Cannot Arm ESC on Quad, and defective parts question

Hallo

I received my RTF quad last night (Order 2222) and working through all the configs before the maiden flight. Three issues that I am struggling with:

1. I could arm the system ( rudder low right) earlier today - but that does not seem to work any more.
  2. one of the friction collets are defective - it cannot hold the prop on the shaft.
  3. Engines and collets in the replacement kit do not match what is on the RTF system that was delivered.

I have reported 2 and 3 above to 3DR on help@3drobotics.com today , and am confident that it will be resolved satisfactorily. Issue 1 above however I hope can be solved with some advice from the forum before the 48h response time on the help line.

Thanks in advance

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

It is likely necessary for you to go through the ESC calibration procedure again.

If you have trouble with getting the Automatic (all at once) calibration procedure to work, try the manual one or even the manual one followed by an additional automatic one.

I had to do that on my KK quadcopter to get it to work.

One other thing is that it is sometimes necessary to set the throttle trim a little below zero so that it can recognize all the way down (and to the right) for arming.

Don’t forget it takes a few seconds down and to the right to arm.

For problem 1):
Also make sure you have calibrated the radio in Mission Planner.