Can not aquire flight modes on ch5

OK gang…

I can’t change flight modes! I can’t fly until I can do that! - Everything else is in order.

Tx 3 position switch DOES appropriately change the Channel (5) on Radio Calibration in Mission Planner.

However when I move to Flight Modes - Flight Mode 4 is green and there seems to be no way to change it from that Flight Mode. Current PWM is 1498 which is in the range of my pwm output on channel 5.

APM 2.6 - Mission Planner 1.3.5 - Latest 3.x APM:Plane firmware JULY 2, 2014…
Orange Rx - 5CH Rcv - DX9 Tx Radio. (using Gear channel 5) I’ve also tried AUX1

Thanks,
Rod

On ArduPlane the Mode Channel defaults to CH 8. You can plug your Rx CH5 cable into APM RC in CH8 and that will do the trick.

If you’re using PPM mode and can’t resassign channels like that, you can change the Mode Channel in the Parameters in Mission Planner or APM Planner.

This is all in the manual here:
plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/ardupla … r-rc-gear/

I did finally figure that out - There is an enormous amount of detail for this device! Not for the faint of heart!
-lol

[quote=“zlite”]On ArduPlane the Mode Channel defaults to CH 8. You can plug your Rx CH5 cable into APM RC in CH8 and that will do the trick.

If you’re using PPM mode and can’t resassign channels like that, you can change the Mode Channel in the Parameters in Mission Planner or APM Planner.

This is all in the manual here:
plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/ardupla … r-rc-gear/[/quote]

I am using PPM mode and evidently need to change the default channel 8 to channel 5 in the parameters because my PWM on channel 8 is eratic and floats wildly.
Can you point me to where in the parameters you change the default channel from 8 to 5? Can’t seem to find it.