Can Mission Planner's moving map update rate be increased?

Can Mission Planner’s moving map update rate be increased?

Only by changing the code.
Currently the 1.2sec map update rate in Flight Date main loop is hard coded.
Please note that the map update is a quite resource hungry process, so increasing the rate will need beefier processor…

1 Like

Hello Eosbandi,

I am interested in changing the update rate of the map and would like to give it a try.
I am very new to coding. Could you point me in the right direction as to where to find the lines of code that need to be changed and if any compiling needs to be done after the code has been changed.

Kind regards, Thomas.

Apparently either I was wrong back then, or it was changed since, but now it can be set in the config.xml by adding the
<FD_MapUpdateDelay>0.5</FD_MapUpdateDelay>
variable, where the number is in seconds.

Still has to say that updating map is a resource hungry process, and you will need beefy processor.

1 Like

this is new, so you didnt miss it. but i didn’t make it UI configurable

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback,

Would I need to rebuild mission planner through visual studio after changing the value for the refresh rate? or can I change the value on the installed version of mission planner?
I cannot locate the config.xml file. :sweat_smile:
I did find MissionPlanner.exe.config is this the correct file? Where do i add <FD_MapUpdateDelay>0.5</FD_MapUpdateDelay>?

Kind regards.

in your my documents folder, then mission planner

1 Like

Thank you very much Michael,
I found the document and was able to increase the map update rate.

I have one more question regarding the map view. Do you know if it is possible to turn the red, green and black heading lines off?

Kind regards.
Thomas

currently, no its not possible to turn them off

Hello Michael and Eosbandi,

I reasently tried setting up mission planner on a different pc and i wanted to set in that fast map update again, i placed the line of code in the config file
“<FD_MapUpdateDelay>0.5</FD_MapUpdateDelay>” and saved the file.
But when i open mission planner up the map still updated at the slower 1.2 seconds or so.

I then looked in the config file and noticed that mission planner had removed the line of code i had entered.

I am using missiopn planner 1.3.79.1

Has something changed which now prevents me from speeding up the map update rate?

Kind regards,
Thomas