Can I set the throtle max on auto take off?

My plane is FPV Raptor, which have tendency to nose down at full throttle.

Currently I changed my motor to lower kv, but I will need to change back so I can put more gear in it. That is why I want to reduce the auto takeoff throttle to 60% - 75%.

[infoplane][/infoplane]

There is no way in the current code to change max thrust only for auto takeoffs. It’s a good question. I need the opposite as you. I would like 100% thrust only during auto takeoffs.

This could be resolved my adding a new parameter called THR_MAX_TAKEOFF.

I already have an old github request for this. I will add your request to it.
github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/550

Hi zhoter,

There are a couple of things you can do.

1. The throttle will not be set to 100% on takeoff, but instead whatever you have set as THR_MAX (85% by default I think). The code for this is here https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/blob/master/ArduPlane/ArduPlane.pde#L1130 . Note this effects all flight modes except AUTO, so if you do want 100% in FBWA, AUTO etc. this may not be right for you.
  2. There is a feedforward gain (a bit like a transmitter mix) KFF_THR2PTCH documented here http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-parameters/#Throttle_to_Pitch_Mix_ArduPlaneKFF_THR2PTCH. This will add some up (or down) elevator proportional to the throttle setting which should alleviate your problem. I don’t think there is a tuning guide for this. I don’t imagine it will be active in MANUAL mode so FBWA is probably the best mode to use for setting it up.

StefanG, I’m not sure what other information you think is required?

Sam

This is more a tech support forum for end users, not a developer forum, so usually the supporters try to help the OP find a solution with their setup, not point them to the code.
Support requests should comply with some minimum requirements as described here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4582

This is more a tech support forum for end users, not a developer forum, so usually the supporters try to help the OP find a solution with their setup, not point them to the code.
Support requests should comply with some minimum requirements as described here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4582[/quote]

Fair enough, I only linked to the code for interest. I am hardly a developer but I always find it useful to look at the current code as it is less susceptible to becoming outdated or misunderstood than the documentation.
In any case the information I provided does not relate to code alteration but merely draws attention to the parameters which are likely to provide a solution, FBW_MAX and KFF_THR2PTCH.

Good news! Tridge has responded to my github issue on this matter and is adding a new parameter called TKOFF_THR_MAX

[quote=“Samuel Tabor”]Fair enough, I only linked to the code for interest. I am hardly a developer but I always find it useful to look at the current code as it is less susceptible to becoming outdated or misunderstood than the documentation.
In any case the information I provided does not relate to code alteration but merely draws attention to the parameters which are likely to provide a solution, FBW_MAX and KFF_THR2PTCH.[/quote]
No problem :slight_smile:. I was just answering your question as precisely as possible :slight_smile:.

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk

Hi All,
Thank you for the support.

StefanG please accept my apology, I just think that the issue really airframe design dependent at start, but I presume that someone else would also need feature in some specific condition. Thank You.

zhoter: No need to apologize. It’s not personal! It’s just that it’s usually very hard to support users when they write nothing about their setup, software version, etc.