Can anyone help... Flip possibly caused by autotune?

I have a quanum nova that has had its flight controller flashed to v3.2.1

The thing is flying on default params at the moment and seems really stable in stabilize mode.

But when ever there is any kind of autopilot on ie alt hold or loiter or autotune etc the altitude becomes quite unstable drifting by +/- 10m and nearly every flight ive had has ended in a flip - still havnt managed to complete an autotune as it either flips in the tune or flips when im repositioning.

heres my latest log file… it flips just after line 19k [attachment=0]2015-04-05 16-11-26.log[/attachment]

Any help would be appreciated as i cant see any reason for the flip.

Have you calibrated compass and accelerometer ?
Are you using a GCS and telemetry?

[quote=“roycruse”]I have a quanum nova that has had its flight controller flashed to v3.2.1

The thing is flying on default params at the moment and seems really stable in stabilize mode.

But when ever there is any kind of autopilot on ie alt hold or loiter or autotune etc the altitude becomes quite unstable drifting by +/- 10m and nearly every flight ive had has ended in a flip - still havnt managed to complete an autotune as it either flips in the tune or flips when im repositioning.

heres my latest log file… it flips just after line 19k [attachment=0]2015-04-05 16-11-26.log[/attachment]

Any help would be appreciated as i cant see any reason for the flip.[/quote]

compass and accelerometers both calibrated at time of reflash using mission planner wizzard.

i do not have a ground station with telemetry on this quad no.

had another flip and was not using autotune so its not related to that

will start a new thread…

Same problem with my CX-20 with 3.2 (custom firmware for UART port), and Auto Tune executed after ALT HOLD and starts ok but in the middle of the process flip on in! 2 times and two flips with two crashes. Any suggestions? Really strange. I don’t know where i can see the moment of the flip on the log.

Auto tune not finished, so, I haven’t the log file.

[quote=“roycruse”]had another flip and was not using autotune so its not related to that

will start a new thread…[/quote]
Activate motor log and do some bench tests. Try to stress the esc. If one esc go crazy your copter will flip. I just got this problem recently and I’m working in it. Doing some researches if everything else it’s ok an esc failure could be the problem.