Calibration with APM Planner 2.0.14 on a MAC

I’m using APM Planner v2.0.14 on MAC OS X 10.9.4 connecting to an APM 2.5 3DR board.

I’m able to download the firmware (APM Plane) and using console test I can see interesting reports like GPS readouts and PWM changes.

The APM Planner description claims you can do “complete initial configuration” but when I go to the Initial Setup page all I see is “Install Firmware” (which works) and “3DR Radio” (I’m using Spektrum).

On the Config/Tuning page the only button is “APM Planner 2.0 Config” and nothing at all about calibration.

So where is the calibration section? Calibrate radio, accelerometer, etc. as shown in all the Mission Planner tutorials.

Am I missing something or is that still a work in progress?

Thanks for your help,

Hank

I am away from my set-up (same ground0station config as yours Mac with APM Planner same version) but from memory the missing features appear once you establish a link between APM and the APM planner. Either via USB or via MAVlink (radio).

Thank you for the hint. I thought I had the link working because I could download firmware, use the test console to see GPS, etc. But indeed, the Mavlink was set to Bluetooth. When I changed it to USB everything appeared as you indicated.

Appreciate your response.

Hank