Objective: RTK w/ C94-M8P dev boards.
One C94-M8P is a base station; the other is a rover.
Antenna link is used, leaving USB as the control link.
UpBoard (a single board computer running a debian distro.
C94 base <=Antenna=> C94 rover <= USB => UpBoard <=Serial=> PixHawk
Since I use ROS I communicate with the PixHawk via mavros.
Written Python code, which runs on UpBoard, to communicate with and control the C94.
Python code can now:
- Configure C94. UBX-CFG messages, e.g. UBX-CFG-PRT; Enable/disable messages (UBX 06-01).
- Read NMEA style ASCII messages. from the C94.
- Begun work on decoding RTCM messages.
This repository has been helpful: https://github.com/Korving-F/ublox
Expect to have to send at least MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GPS_INPUT and MAVLINK_MSG_ID_GPS_RTCM_DATA messages to the Pixhawk.
- Is there some code which already implements these features?
- Assuming no to Q1, is this something folks might use?