Bug with Wizard

So far every time I have ran the Mission Planner wizard (v135 build 1.1.5260.33055) it has set my Quad up to the wrong configuration. I have selected X type and verified multiple times yet it writes as Plus style.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 4.39.33 PM.png[/attachment]

Would the logs show this?

Are you talking about Mission Planner or APM Planner 2? Your screenshot is from APM Planner 2.
Different software, different developers, different forums!

I walked through the wizard using Mission Planner on Windows last night, I went to fly it today and it was all over the place. I knew right away what it was because I saw this before so I connected it to APM Planner 2 and the screenshot is what I found. I used APM to configure it correctly. Flight test proved it afterwards. I grabbed the Pixhawk BIN files, not sure if that will help.

I am curious, since the enum value for + is 0, if something were to happen during the wizard it would be set to +. I will see if I can easily reproduce this.

public enum Frame
    {
        Plus = 0,
        X = 1,
        V = 2,
        H = 3,
        VTail = 4,
        Y = 10,            
    }

May be better to make 0 = None and increment the rest, then fail on none.

As Stefan notes are you using Mission Planner or APM Planner they are different things.

I answered that in a previous post but here it is again :slight_smile: "Mission Planner (Windows) (v135 build 1.1.5260.33055) ". BTW, I don’t think APM Planner has a wizard.

I am able to reproduce the steps. The issue occurs when I select the back button while going through the steps of the wizard, the wizard does not store the settings so if you do go back it selects the default (0 = Plus). In the instances where the wizard set it to plus have been when I have had a failure in one of the steps and have used the back button. For instance, when calibration has failed I tried to use the back button so I could retry that step.

Wow, I just noticed something else. It intermittently changes from “Plus” to" X" while using the back/forward keys. youtube.com/watch?v=6Dkyg2S … e=youtu.be

Thanks Mike.

I have the same problem. I was using mission planner 1.3.0