Boot problem post FW update

My old faithful Pixhawk won’t boot following Plane 3.3.0 beta update… Using yosemite OS 10 and APMPlanner 2.0.18 rc2, and after completing an apparent normal update the led immediately turned white and started a piercing continuous high pitch tone from speaker… trying to reboot resulted the same…

I have been using this version of OS 10.10 and APM Planner before many times without issue when uploading FW…

Now, when using a windows 7 machine and MP, the boot procedure begins like it should but hangs with the white LED and the awful screeching tone…

In the Device Manager, the USB com for Pixhawk is absent… Trying to boot using the power module gives same results… Booting with a SD card from another functioning Pixhawk results the same…

The Pixhawk is about a year old and used a lot… Bricked?

Try powering the Pixhawk, sounds like a USB power on issue with not enough.

Thanks for reply, Bill

When powering the PH directly using the power module (2 different ones) I get the immediate white led and screech…

Try flashing with external power connected as well

Powering externally then plugging USB results in locking the computer and no recognized serial port…

I see this morning a similar situation in the DIY forum experienced with Craig using MP

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/copter-3-3-beta-testing?xg_source=activity&id=705844%3ATopic%3A1964465&page=201#comments