Boat zig zagging when in Auto

I don’t know. I’m still using genuine 3DR Pixhawk 1’s.

You don’t have Rover 3.4.2 on that APM 2.6. That parameter file you posted is missing about 380 parameters for it to be that Rev. And of course it’s simply not supported and can’t be flashed. What happens is if you select a firmware version the board won’t support it will flash the last one that does support it. Post an actual .bin file log and we will know for sure.

I’m sure the Omnibus F4 will work fine. I use an Omni F4 Nano on a Multirotor and it works great.

1 Like

on how many I remember, I’m using here is this firmware: http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Rover/stable-3.4.2/apm2/

And what does the firmware-version.txt file say it is in that link?

Just look at the top status bar in Mission Planner after connecting and it will likely say 2.5.1 or a beta of that…

1 Like

Now everything is clear! Thank you!

Hello friends, can you share boat configurations. I’m a new and hope your experience will help me set up my boat.
My configurations is simple 1 motor 1 servo

And my problem is:
When i put RTH and auto mode the boat move zigzag

In this post, a file with parameters is attached! :point_up_2:
You need the parameter NAVL1_PERIOD here is his description: This controls the aggressiveness of the navigation algorithm. A smaller number means more aggressive turning in AUTO mode, a large number means larger, smoother turns.
If the boat is zigzagging, increase this parameter!

boat.param (4.6 KB)
params

Thanks ,i will test it on my boat !

Hello,
Did you have any problems with this configurations?
Thanks!

Because this post rose to the top again, I’ll just add that if a boat is zigzagging in Auto mode then the most likely issue is the Turn Rate tuning needs improving.

It’s not always the case that it’s the turn rate controller tune that is the issue but if the user hasn’t tuned it yet then it probably is. By the way increasing NAVL1_PERIOD reduces the aggressiveness of the upper level navigation controller which means the desired turn rate passed into the lower level turn rate controller will be smaller. With a badly tuned turn rate controller this lower requested turn rate can be helpful in avoiding oscillation but it may just be masking the underlying problem (which is the turn rate control PIDs are not tuned).

2 Likes

Thanks a lot friend! I did it, all work perfectly!

Have a great day!

2 Likes