Bluetooth Baud Rate Problem

Hey there! I’m planning on connecting my quad with droidplanner. I got bt module up and running. After shedding some blood, sweat and tears i managed to get my BT modules baud rate to what i want (115200) originally i tried it with 9600 but it was like watching a movie with 3 FPS. Now i can connect to it with my computer. But not with droidplanner. I believe it’s because droidplanner doesn’t supper 115k baud rate. Is there a way to change baud rate? Or is it kinda set in the stone?
Even if it doesn’t work for me, awesome program. Good job mate!

At Bluetooth the BaudRate makes no sense because the Bt protocol handles that (it’s about 3Mb/s), it only makes sense on the serial side of your module.

So can you explain your setup in a little more detail? Is a direct BT connection, or a BT to telemetry Bridge?

Hey Arthur thanks for fast reply. http://www.robitshop.com/Arduino-Uyumlu-Bluetooth-Modul,PR-2917.htmlis the module i’m using.
My setup is like that:
HC 06 module is connected to FTDI port of megapirate ng. Baud rate of the serial chip in HC06 module is set to 115200. MegaPirates serial (console) baud rate is also set to 115200. So when i connect to it via my PC’s bluetooth dongle and set 115200 as baud rate in APMplanner i can connect to it no problem. But when i try to connect my quad with my S4’s bluetooth, DB says it’s connected, but since the DP’s baud rate is set at 36000(?) it can’t get any data.

@illusive: It’ll be hard to help you, because BT setups are a little more tricky since we don’t have a standard hardware.

The only way to solve your problem is by doing some debugging, which I don’t have the time to do right now. So you have three options:

• Do the debugging yourself - By thing to find where the problem is hiding
  • Find someone near you that may be able to help
  • Wait for the help of other visitor

I’m sorry for not being able to help, but the combination of odd hardware and lack of time is constraining.

[quote=“arthur”]@illusive: It’ll be hard to help you, because BT setups are a little more tricky since we don’t have a standard hardware.

The only way to solve your problem is by doing some debugging, which I don’t have the time to do right now. So you have three options:

• Do the debugging yourself - By thing to find where the problem is hiding
  • Find someone near you that may be able to help
  • Wait for the help of other visitor

I’m sorry for not being able to help, but the combination of odd hardware and lack of time is constraining.[/quote]

Thank you for your attention. But i don’t think you understood my problem. What i’m trying to do is this. When you open APMplanner on your desktop computer; on the upper right corner of the map there are two boxes. One is to select which com port you want, the other is what baud rate you’ll use. You can change baud rate via the dropdown menu(9600, 14400, 19200, 28800 etc.) What i’m asking is does DP has such a feature?
Thank you Arthur, keep up the great work.

Droidplanner has such feature on the settings screen, under mavlink title.

But in the case of a BT connection it shouldn’t matter what value you put there because BT doesn’t use it. The serial baudrate should already be configured on your BT module.

[quote=“arthur”]Droidplanner has such feature on the settings screen, under mavlink title.

But in the case of a BT connection it shouldn’t matter what value you put there because BT doesn’t use it. The serial baudrate should already be configured on your BT module.[/quote]

I checked it out, couldn’t see it. The three options there: Telemetry Connection Type(Bluetooth), Enable Logging(Checked), And stream rates. I believe you are talking about stream rates? There aren’t baud setting in there as far as i can see. What i want is under the “USB Connection” and “Telemetry Link Speed” Thing. But i want it to work for bluetooth too.

Let’s say it isn’t. Lets say my bluetooth modules baud rate is different than what dp is set to. I want to change that setting

Let me explain it this way. You are talking Japanese and I’m talking German. We can call each other via phone but we can’t understand eachother. In this example the phone is bluetooth. Yes we are connected but since we are talking different languages(different baud rates) we can’t understand each other.

The bluetooth module i connected to my MegapiratePirateNG boards FTDI output talk at 115200 baud, druidplanner is listening at 9600 baud(i think) Thus even though dp can hear what MegaPirate says it can’t get the meaning.

Hope i could make myself understood :slight_smile:

Cheers!